Posted on February 19 2018 by Rod Lloyd
Hey there, everyone! I am proud to welcome you all to Music Week, a celebration of all things musical in The Legend of Zelda. I have the pleasure of kicking off the festivities with a new season of Zelda Versus, our tournament series in which you vote for the best aspects of the Zelda series.
We finished our best dungeon tournament last fall, ultimately crowning the Stone Tower Temple as the greatest of the great. Now with Music Week upon us, we will determine which Zelda game had the best soundtrack in our brand new tournament.
Now, this tournament should move a bit more quickly than our last one, as we don’t have to go through each and every game in a Round 0 like we did with the dungeons. No, this best soundtrack gauntlet will feature only five rounds and will include all 19 main Zelda titles. Every day, two games will go head-to-head, and you’ll get to vote for the one you think had the better overall soundtrack.
Which Zelda Side Game Had the Best Soundtrack?
But before we get to the one-on-one match-ups, I’ve got a bit of housekeeping to get through. You see, putting together a tournament seed with 19 participants is a bit difficult; I have to round out that number to 20 to make the match-ups easier. So today, you’re going to help me nominate a 20th participant.
Sure, all 19 main series Zelda games have great music, but there are a few Zelda side games that have great music too. Today’s poll will feature a collection of Zelda side games, and we need you to decide which one had the best soundtrack. The winner of this poll will move on to Round 2 as an official participant.
So, who will win today’s poll? Will it be Hyrule Warriors with its heart-pounding battle music? Will it be Freshly-Picked Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland with its whimsical score? Will it be The Faces of Evil with whatever music that game has? You decide!
And don’t go telling me there’s no music in the Zelda Game & Watch and the Zelda Game Watch. I confirmed there are victory jingles in there!
So, it’s time to decide which Zelda side game has the best soundtrack.
Which Game Has the Best Soundtrack?
- Hyrule Warriors / Hyrule Warriors Legends / Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (83%, 153 Votes)
- Link's Crossbow Training (5%, 9 Votes)
- Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon (4%, 8 Votes)
- Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (3%, 5 Votes)
- BS Legend of Zelda (2%, 4 Votes)
- Zelda's Adventure (1%, 2 Votes)
- Link: The Faces of Evil (1%, 1 Votes)
- Ancient Stone Tablets (1%, 1 Votes)
- Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love (1%, 1 Votes)
- Tingle's Balloon Fight DS (0%, 0 Votes)
- Too Much Tingle Pack (0%, 0 Votes)
- Zelda Game & Watch (0%, 0 Votes)
- Zelda Game Watch (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 184
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged into a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new Round 1 voting page each day, Monday through Friday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- Every Saturday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of the prior week.
- Once voting pages for all Round 1 bouts have been posted, there will be a one-week break before Round 2 begins.
See you tomorrow!