Breath of the Wild
Darton can be found at the Dueling Peaks Stable alongside his twin younger brother, Shibo. They do everything together and during the daytime, they are found just outside the stable, right by the horses. Link can speak with Darton or Shibo and they will both respond to him. They can see it in Link's eyes that he loves horses and they offer to give Link some tips on horses. Darton will joke that Link does not have a twin, in reference to the fact that there are multiple sets of twins found at the Dueling Peaks Stable.
Darton and Shibo will both provide some tips to Link on how he can catch a horse. The duo will also teach Link about the difference between spotted horses and one-colored horses. With spotted horses being even-tempered and easy to train, while the one-colored horses are wilder, but have much higher stats. Shibo recommends that beginners should start with spotted horses. The brothers will also teach Link how to train a horse and when the appropriate time to soothe them is.
Unlike some of the other residents of the Dueling Peaks Stable, Darton and his brother are not affected by the rain. Even while it is raining, the twins will stay outside, interacting with the horses. They will remain outside all day long, only coming in at 8pm when they are both sleepy. They will sleep at the Stable until 6am, where they both awake at the same time. While asleep, Darton will dream about one-colored horses. Once he awakes, Darton will try to race Shibo to where the horses are.
Strangely, there is no animation for either Shibo or Darton to get into bed. They will simply walk over and stand right next to the bed. They will just wait there and if Link keeps them in view, or never leaves the stable, the two will just stand there. Once Link walks away and then looks back, Shibo will be asleep. When they awake however, there is an animation to get out of bed. Additionally, sometimes Beedle on rainy days will walk in the Stable, blocking the entrance. On these days, Shibo and Darton might be unable to enter the stable and will simply walk around for hours on end until they can get in or Beedles moves.
- ↑ Hey, Shibo... You think this nosy guy right here is interested in horses? - Darton
- ↑ Looks like it to me, Darton... Judging from his eyes, he's just itching to get into the saddle. - Shibo
- ↑ You really can tell just by looking into his eyes! Bro, his head is just filled with horse stuff, right? - Darton
- ↑ That's right! Just look at his eyes! Right now in his head, it's all horses, horses, horses, food, and horses...right? - Shibo
- ↑ In that case, you should feel free to ask us anything at all about horses! - Darton
- ↑ Do you want to hear some tips to help you master your horse? Yah or neigh? I didn't think of that joke, by the way. That's one of my dad's jokes! - Shibo
- ↑ Look, Shibo, it's the twinless dude! - Darton
- ↑ While horses get scared easily, and if they notice people near them, they'll take off. Just sneak up on 'em from behind real slow. When you get good and close... grab 'em and jump on quick! - Shibo
- ↑ If you crouch and sneak up quietly... they won't notice you! - Darton
- ↑ Horses with spots on them are even-tempered and easy to train. On the other hand, horses that are all one color, like straight black or white, are a bit more wild and harder to train. - Darton
- ↑ But a one-color horse has more stamina and runs faster, right?. - Shibo
- ↑ Dad said they're hard to handle at first, but if you spend a lot of time with a one-color horse, you'll be best buds! - Darton
- ↑ Dad also said that beginners should start with spotted horses... When I grow up, I'll ride a one-color horse, though! - Shibo
- ↑ They're really wild, so they'll run in different directions and buck here and there because they aren't trained yet. When that happens, you've gotta soothe them! - Shibo
- ↑ But dad also said that just constantly soothing them won't do at all. - Darton
- ↑ The trick is to soothe them when they do what you want them to do. It's like saying "thanks" to them for a job well done! - Shibo
- ↑ So sleepy... - Shibo
- ↑ I'm feeling so sleepy all of a sudden... - Darton
- ↑ One one-color horsey... Two one-color horsies... - Darton
- ↑ Today, I'm going to see if I can get to the horses before Shibo does! - Darton