Rensa is a character from Breath of the Wild.
Rensa can be found standing at the front of the Dueling Peaks Stable. He is the twin brother of Tasseren, who works behind the counter and runs the stable. Rensa will welcome Link to the stable and speak about how lively things are here at the Dueling Peaks Stable. Rensa can offer directions to Kakariko Village and he'll also talk about how the Sheikah clan who live there. He talks about how the Sheikah Clan had powerful techniques that put them at odds with the King.
Rensa will also give Link directions to Hateno Village. He talks about the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab and how its scientist, Purah, is often avoided by the towns residents. Hateno Village was largely unaffected by the events of Great Calamity.
- Main article: Wild Horses
After speaking with Rensa initially, you can speak with him once again and he'll tell you about Wild Horses. He repeatedly refers to himself as the man who got second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition, and challenges Link to beat his time. Link must capture a wild horse and bring it back to the stable in under two minutes.
After successfully doing so, Rensa will be surprised, but will reward Link with a Purple Rupee. If you speak with him again, he mentions that a man who can handle a horse has a leg up on the competition when it comes comes to the ladies.
When talking with Rensa at any point, Link can ask Rensa for more information about Wild Horses. He instructs Link that if he tames one, he can talk to his brother Tasseren to register the horse at the stable. He also mentions that his two twin-sons, Darton and Shibo have a lot of knowledge about horses. Even his two sons make reference to Rensa's second place finish in the horse-taming competition.
- ↑ Welcome to Dueling Peaks Stable! What do you think of the place? Pretty nice, yeah? It might be hard to imagine now, but this place was nearly destroyed about 100 years ago. However, thanks to the blessing of the Dueling Peaks, everything is full of life again. Even the wild horses are back. There's a lot of energy in this place! So where are you heading? Both Kakariko Village and Hateno Village are nearby. - Rensa
- ↑ Kakariko Village is the village where the Sheikah clan lives. It's said that, some time ago, they had advanced techniques that were more powerful than anything anyone had seen. But that power put them at odds with the king at the time, and they were scattered across the land... Anyway, if you leave here and follow the road straight to the north, you'll find a big bridge. Cross that and keeping following the path, and you'll come to the Kakariko Village gate. - Rensa
- ↑ Hateno Village is a village on the edge of Hyrule. It was largely unaffected by the events of the Great Calamity, so the people there are pretty easygoing. I hear they even have a research center... But the folks tend to avoid the weird scientist who lives there... Anyway, head north from here until you reach a fork in the road. Then go east and just follow the road. It's a little far if you walk it, but with a horse, you should get there in under a day! - Rensa
- ↑ They're wild, so 'til you calm 'em, it's gonna be one crazy ride. But there's no feeling quite like taming a wild stallion! Trust me-I took second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! - Rensa
- ↑ HEY! I saw that look you gave me! ... Fine! You don't believe me? Let's go, pal! You and me. Right here. Right now. You want to challenge the second-place Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition winner to a tame-off?! YOU GOT IT, MISTER! - Rensa
- ↑ That's the spirit! The only rule is that you must bring a wild horse back to this spot within the time limit! This area is chock full of wild horses. Any one of them will do! My record is two minutes flat, so you need to bring back a wild horse within that time. PREPARE FOR EXTREME TAMING! - Rensa
- ↑ Amazing! But...I can't believe you beat my two-minute record so easily... I mean, I won second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! To be fair, it was just my brother and I competing... Anyway, here's the purse for winning the second official Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! Your earned it. - Rensa
- ↑ I guess there's more competition out there than I knew about. Maybe Hyrule isn't all bad after all! - Rensa
- ↑ Ya know, someone who can handle a horse has a real leg up on the competition when it comes to ladies... I know what I'm talking about! I took second in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! - Rensa
- ↑ There certainly are not as many as in years past, but there are still quite a few around... If you manage to catch one, let me brother Tasseren to register the horse. know. He'll register the horse for you! My boys are wellsprings of information about horses, but I'm sure you don't need another lecture. After all, you're the one who beat me, the guy who took second in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition. - Rensa
- ↑ My dad was the second-best horse guy, you know! - Shibo
- ↑ Prety impressive, right! - Darton