We're glad that you signed up so that you can edit, build, and shape the Zelda Dungeon Wiki! Before you start editing, why don't you check out some of these useful links and read these basic rules?
- Edit your settings. Make sure you have set up your settings to make the wiki work the way you want it. We have a bunch of customizations that we have spent time creating, and we hope that you utilize them to the fullest.
- Please treat all members with respect. We don't want to have to ban someone because there is an issue between our users.
- Use wikicode and link templates when making edits to properly format pages. Use templates often to save on coding everything.
- If you have some questions, instead of sitting around doing nothing, ask our administration team. They won't bite.
- Head to our help page to find some links to helpful pages that will teach you how to do many things on the wiki.
- Read the FAQ to find the answers to a few common questions.
- Please use proper grammar and strive for good edits.
- Always sign talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will automatically sign the page with your username and date.
- Use talk pages to talk about edits on pages. Do not participate in editing wars (i.e. editing a page over and over again to make the page what you think it should be rather than what another member thinks) as they are counter productive and will not solve the problem. Use the talk pages like they were meant to be used.
We hope that you enjoy your time here on the Zelda Dungeon Wiki and that you will help us make lots of really good edits. Keep in mind that the administration team will be watching for quality editors to bring them on to our site staff.
Do you have any initial questions? Feel free to ask on one of our staff talk pages.
Thanks again for joining! Can't wait to see you around!
@Cybeel - I have a capture card and can get screenshots much more easily, don't kill yourself over them. In fact if you want to link to the filename as usual but not actually upload a picture, that's fine, I can just click and upload, makes it easy for me. It also makes it easier/reminds me to do a BEFORE picture instead of an after one, lol.
Regarding the types; due to the way we have pictures and instructions, I don't feel like this information is necessary. Mases is the one writing the walkthrough, he's got the official guide too and can add that information if he likes. Will most likely have the chart of seeds required for upgrades, etc.
To avoid copyright, even though I have all the information, I personally verify it before posting it. There are plenty of places where the official guide is wrong, for instance, maybe there was a change made and it didn't get updated, who knows.
And finally, as far as 'how many per region', that's gonna be pretty subjective too. We're probably going to do major reorganization after we get most/all seeds in. For now, the strong strong focus is letting users find seeds on the Interactive map, having quick useful instructions on how to get, and they can pick the order they want to do seeds in themselves.
Yeah no worries, no offense! When you add the code for the picture but then don't upload it, it gives a nice handy red link I can click on and upload in seconds, and also saves me the hassle of typing in the code for the picture myself lol.
Now granted, it may be awhile before I get to it, but it is a wiki after all, someone else might get to it first, yourself included. =P But always include the code for a picture since there will eventually be one, even if you don't upload it yourself. Makes it easier for whoever uploads. Thanks! Thortok2000 (talk) 11:39, March 9, 2017 (UTC)