Ripp is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Ripp is a Gerudo, who stands guard carrying a Gerudo Spear at the eastern entrance of the Kara Kara Bazaar. She serves as a guide to Link, letting him know that Gerudo Town is off in the distance to the southwest. She encourages Link to rest a bit at the Kara Kara Bazaar, but then tells Link that even if he makes it to Gerudo Town, he won't be able to get in. Laws prohibit any males from entering the city.
Ripp will talk about Divine Beast Vah Naboris, who once was the guardian deity of the Gerudo people. However, it has suddenly started acting strange, whipping up fierce sandstorms with intense lightning. There is a worry that Naboria may make its way towards Gerudo Town or to the Kara Kara Bazaar.
She will also give Link some advise on the changing weather of the Gerudo Desert. The desert gets very hot during the day and very cold at night and it is important to prepare before adventuring.
As part of the Forbidden City Entry main quest, Link can ask Ripp about a mysterious merchant. Ripp mentions that she saw a Hylian woman dressed in traditional Gerudo clothing, which caught her eye. She tells Link that she was seen at the inn and is likely still in town.
- ↑ Sav'otta! This is Kara Kara Bazaar. Gerudo Town is still a fair distance southwest of here. If you're headed there, you should consider resting a bit. Though, you ARE a voe... Even if you make it to town, you won't be able to get in... All the same, the Divine Beast is kicking up a storm right now, so I don't recommend going to Gerudo Town. - Ripp
- ↑ Gerudo Town is to the southwest. It's the biggest town in the area! It's famous for trade and also for staying active and vibrant all night long. However, there is a law forbidding voe-males-from entering the city. - Ripp
- ↑ You don't know about Divine Beast Vah Naboris? Supposedly, it is the guardian deity for the Gerudo people, but it suddenly started acting up a while back. There's nothing we can do to stop it, either... It's protected by a fierce sandstorm and intense lightning. Though it hasn't yet, it could easily head toward Gerudo Town or this oasis. I do my best to keep an eye on it from here. - Ripp
- ↑ Well, the Divine Beast probably won't head in this direction... But we should be on alert, just in case. If you're thinking of going anywhere near Gerudo Town, you should definitely be careful, too. - Ripp
- ↑ You know, the desert is hot during the day and cold at night. It'll take the energy out of you in no time. If you plan to head out into the desert, make sure you're prepared. - Ripp
- ↑ The sun is really starting to beat down on us now... The desert is incredibly hot so long as the sun is blazing down on it. Be sure to keep yourself cool as you travel. - Ripp
- ↑ Did you know that desert nights get incredibly cold? You'll be fine as long as you're in Kara Kara Bazaar, but it can get really chilly the farther away you wander. - Ripp
- ↑ Oh, yes. And many, many more than just one, to be sure. That's because all the voe merchants are gathered here, hoping to get access to Gerudo Town. They refuse to give up, even though voe are strictly forbidden from entering the town. Although... Now that you mention it, one merchant in particular did stand out to me. I saw a Hylian vai merchant at the inn before. She was wearing traditional Gerudo clothes, which caught my eye. She's probably still around town; that Divine Beast is scaring a lot of people out of traveling. - Ripp