Maike is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Maike is a Gerudo merchant who has a shop at the Kara Kara Bazaar. When Link speaks to her, she will tell him good morning, good day, or good evening, depending on the time of day. Although she gives the Gerudo translations of these particular words as sav'otta, sav'aaq, and sav'saaba respectively. She also will say well come, which translates to vasaaq.
Maike has a younger sister named Estan, who runs the butcher shop over in Gerudo Town. She mentions that Estan was a traveler so she knows the language much better than her. She encourages Link to stop by, but then remembers that since he's a man, he won't be able to get past the front gates.
Maike sells some cooked food in the form of Roasted Bass and Seared Steak. She will also have some Lizalfos Tails for sale. She will thank Link for purchasing some of her merchandise, using the term Sarqso.
As part of the Forbidden City Entry main quest, Link can ask Maike if she has seen a mysterious merchant around town. Since she spends all her time at her shop, she hasn't been able to tell if any mysterious merchant males are around.
Products & Prices
- ↑ Good...morning... Heh, that's how you say it where you're from, isn't it? Here, we say "sav'otta." - Maike
- ↑ Good...day... Heh, that's how you say it where you're from, isn't it? Here, we say "sav'aaq." - Maike
- ↑ Good...evening... Heh, that's how you say it where you're from, isn't it? Here, we say "sav'saaba." - Maike
- ↑ Well...come.. Did I get that right? Isn't that how you say it where you're from? Here we say "vasaaq." - Maike
- ↑ My little sister runs a butcher shop over in Gerudo Town. She's traveled all over, so she knows your language pretty well. You should stop by and... Oh, of course. You're a voe, so you won't be able to get past the front gates... - Maike
- ↑ Thanks...boss... Hehe, that's how they say it where you're from, right? - Maike
- ↑ Thank...you! Sarqso! - Maike
- ↑ Thank...you...for...shopping... That's how they say it where you're from, right? - Maike
- ↑ You want to know if I've seen a suspicious-looking male merchant? Suspicious, huh... Hmmmm... Ahh, I dunno. It's hard to say. I spend all my time right here, and I don't know how I'd tell if someone was a merchant... Anyway, there are Hylian merchants here, too. Why don't you go ask one of them? - Maike