Hey there, all you Zelda fans! Are you ready for the first Zelda Dungeon Caption Contest of October?! As is tradition, all of the contest images this month will feature spooky, scary, or mysterious happenings from the Zelda series. And while this week’s image surely fits that criteria, it is also topical with the recent announcement that Ocarina of Time and other Nintendo 64 titles are coming to Nintendo Switch Online.
Our Last Contest:
We highlighted Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity‘s newest playable characters in our last contest.
Here are our photoshop caption winners:
By: Baskom Welford
Here are our non-photo caption winners:
- Fidon: “Purah, are you sure the flame won’t burn out?” “Of course I am!” “Then why does the alter have a shelter to protect the flame from the elements and we’re just carrying it in the rain without a care in the world!?”
- IceRod: “Even the rain was less deadly and destructive a hundred years ago….”
- JDAT: “Uh, Robbie. How is the flame still lit?!?”
- Spaghetti: “DON’T LET THE FLAME DIE OUT!!!!”
- not you: Robbie: “Look Purah, It’s the Caption Contest winner…”
Purah: “You brought me up this mountain in the rain just for that?”
This Week’s Contest:
With N64 games coming to Switch, this guy can give nightmares to a whole new generation.
Here are the guidelines:
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages. When in doubt, keep it Nintendo.
- If you don’t have the ability to edit the image, just leave it as a comment. We make sure to have a separate list of winners for this category.
- Photo editing and manipulation (i.e. Photoshop) is allowed, but these entries will be part of a separate list of winners for this category.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Dungeon. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another… and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and, who knows? Maybe you will be one of next week’s winners.