Posted on April 10 2018 by Rod Lloyd
Our best soundtrack tournament continues with the first match-up of the Semi-Finals. After overcoming their opposition in the Quarter-Finals, A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time face off.
A Link to the Past Vs. Ocarina of Time
After its victory over fan favorite Link’s Awakening in the last round, it’s safe to say that A Link to the Past is well-deserving of its spot in the Semi-Finals. In many ways the godfather of Zelda music, this SNES soundtrack set the template for every piece of music we’ve heard in the series from that point forward. Koji Kondo’s compositions have stood the test of time, and Zelda games continue to borrow melodies from this impressive piece of musical brilliance. Even today’s competitor owes a lot to the trails blazed by A Link to the Past.
Koji Kondo took everything he learned in A Link to the Past and expanded on it with Ocarina of Time. This Nintendo 64 title boasts some of the series’ first true cinematic pieces of music, taking players on an emotional and awe-inspiring journey alongside Link. Ocarina even offers rearranged versions of classic tunes from A Link to the Past, making the most of the N64’s advanced hardware to deliver a musical experience of the highest quality at the time. Both of today’s titles have fought hard so far, but the true test starts now.
So, it’s time to decide which game had the better soundtrack: A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time
Which Game Has the Best Soundtrack?
- Ocarina of Time (72%, 364 Votes)
- A Link to the Past (28%, 141 Votes)
Total Voters: 505
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged into a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a Semi-Finals voting page this Tuesday and Thursday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- Once voting pages for all Semi-Finals bouts have been posted, there will be a one-week break before the Finals begin.
See you on Thursday!