Location: Amelia, Ohio
Favorite Zelda: A Link to the Past
Date Joined: October 2019
Every day, once a day, give yourself a present.
Greetings all! Bryan King here and as of October 2019, I’ve been a proud member of the Zelda Dungeon staff.
I was fortunate to be a child during the heyday of the NES, and was able to “get in on the ground floor” so to speak with a lot of long-running franchises that we still enjoy today. Notably however, is the fact that the very first video game that I was able to get my hands on, was The Legend of Zelda. From that point onward, I’ve considered it my favorite franchise and view it as one of the cornerstones that define my personality and who I am. I’m constantly appreciative of Zelda’s ability to re-invent itself with each entry while also retaining the soul of what made it a genre-defining franchise to begin with.
I have a lot of sentimental attachment to each entry, but A Link to the Past is the one that is closest to what I consider to be the penultimate Zelda experience. From its heavier focus on storytelling without being overbearing, to its incredibly designed set pieces (looking at you great pyramid), it’s the installment that I always recommend for newcomers.
When I’m not playing/writing about Zelda, you can usually find me hanging out with my family, at one of my weekly Dungeons & Dragons campaigns, contemplating another marathon of Twin Peaks or glued to my Switch.
- Jam Along to this Electric Violin Cover of “The Dark World”
- Check Out This Incredible Breath of the Wild-Inspired Playhouse!
- Fan Fiction Friday: The Silence Within the Stone – Chapter 9
- Fan Fiction Friday: The Silence Within Stone – Chapter 8
- Fan Fiction Friday: The Silence Within Stone – Chapter 7
- Get Swept Away with this Amazing Ocarina of Time Medley
- Enjoy this Relatable Breath of the Wild-Inspired Animated Short
- Fan Fiction Friday: The Silence Within Stone – Chapter 6
- Relax With This Chill “Outset Island” Remix
- Check Out This Impressive Bronze Link Statue