Hello again! We’re back again and stronger than ever! We received six submissions for last week’s challenge, which is the most we’ve ever received for a single challenge! It was very uplifting to see people getting involved and enjoying this series. I’m looking forward to this sort of thing occurring more as time goes by!
Last Week’s Challenge
Last week, we prompted you to submit art of Saria in the Lost Woods. You guys blew me away by submitting more art than you ever have before! It was very exciting to see multiple pieces of art, and also a few different forms!
By Shane Grimes on Twitter and the original post:
By Jesslink Kaepora Gaebora on the original post:
By Natalia Baker on the original post:
By Oscar Yasser Garcia Juallek on the original post:
By gjackarts on Instagram:
And finally, by MrsGryphon on the orginal post:
It’s so exciting to see this series start to get more attention! Nice work, everyone!
The Next Challenge
And now we move on to this week’s challenge. This week, we’d like you to create art of the Guardian in Breath of the Wild. Of course, the Guardian is the iconic enemy of the newest Legend of Zelda, as well as one of my personal favorite enemies in the franchise. There’s something rather fun about defeating such a large and powerful threat. Why don’t you be a bit creative with this? You could create art of any of the main forms of Guardians – Stalkers, Skywatchers, Scouts, or Decayed – and you could have them fighting Link or someone else, quietly roaming the fields of Hyrule, whatever you come up with!
Here are the rules for the contest:
- Keep things clean. Zelda Informer should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting you work in the comment section here on Zelda Informer, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else. I will be checking every submission I receive.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure, so just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Informer; He likes sipping tea; Follow him on Twitter