Hey everyone! Welcome back to Artists of Legend. As we begin to cool down from celebrating the announcement of the sequel to Breath of the Wild, we’ll have a greater variety of featured artwork and an easier prompt. And, next week, we’ll have a special announcement! For today, we have many great submissions and a new challenge, so, let’s get right into everything.
Last week, we asked you to create artwork of Ganondorf as seen in the trailer for Breath of the Wild 2. And here’s what you sent us!
These three are by space_eend on Instagram:
These two are by geist_stencils on Instagram:
This three-panel comic is by nana.cwb on Instagram:
By catman4fr on Instagram:
By mjoyart on Instagram:
By bettybettkwong on Instagram:
By 89ravenclaw on Instagram:
By majora_draw on Instagram:
By 8bithobo on Instagram:
Now, here’s a bunch more submissions that we’d like to feature as well!
By zelda_princess_diarist on Instagram:
By zeldaandfairies on Instagram:
By zeldarty on Instagram:
By ziliak_vg on Instagram:
By zombiebunnyink on Instagram:
By zutzapin on Instagram:
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
By geist_stencils on Instagram:
By miguel_artdrawing on Instagram:
By laurenbaldoart on Instagram:
By vonturtle_art on Instagram:
By finnichang on Instagram:
By amanda_ruth_art on Instagram:
By drivemeawaytroubledheart on Instagram:
By _joreto on Instagram:
By jmacdakid on Instagram:
By ale_kartajan on Instagram:
By chelseapray on Instagram:
By sechsmeister on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork with us! Keep up the great work!
This Week’s Challenge
To cool down from all the hype for Breath of the Wild 2, and to hold us over until next week’s special announcement, we’re having a very simple challenge this week. This week, we’d like you to create artwork of anything related to The Legend of Zelda. That’s right, this week’s challenge is a free-for-all! I’ll be unable to collect any submissions you send me before Artists of Legend next week, but rest assured, I will do my best to feature whatever you send me. Be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon. He enjoys a good cup of tea. He’s incredibly hyped for BotW 2. Follow him on Twitter