Posted on March 16 2018 by Rod Lloyd
Happy Friday, Zelda fans. The outside world may be concerned with college basketball, but we’ve had our own March Madness taking place right here at Zelda Dungeon. Our best soundtrack tournament has reached a fever pitch this week, as one game continues its reign of dominance and another two behemoths are currently locked in an epic battle. So much has happened in Round 2 so far, so let’s get you up to speed.
The first four Round 2 polls closed this week, meaning that we now know some of the names that will be heading onto the Semi-Finals. Link’s Awakening, A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds all earned sizable victories last week, with each maintaining a solid lead the entire time their polls were open. Ocarina of Time deserves a special spotlight though, as this soundtrack toppled another tournament favorite in Skyward Sword. The votes were close for most of last week, but Ocarina ultimately gained victory with about 100 more votes than its opponent.
Let’s move on to this week’s polls. Clear winners are currently apparent in the week’s first three polls, as The Minish Cap leads Oracle of Seasons, and Breath of the Wild leads Tri Force Heroes. The biggest winner so far this week has been Majora’s Mask though, earning over 350 votes more than its competitor. Majora‘s strong performance mirrors what we saw from the game in Round 1! At this pace, it’s not hard to believe that this game could go on to finals.
And then we have yesterday’s poll. Two titans entered, and neither has conceded yet. The match-up of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess has set Zelda Versus records this week by raking in more votes than any poll in the tournament so far and more votes than I’ve seen of any Zelda Dungeon poll ever. And amazingly, despite over 700 votes cast, neither game has pulled ahead! They’ve been neck-in-neck since the polls opened, with one only gaining the lead for a few hours at most. This poll has torn the fanbase apart, and we can’t wait to see the resolution.
Here are the Round 2 polls, with the soundtrack currently winning each poll in bold:
- Four Swords Adventures Vs. Link’s Awakening. Polls closed.
- Hyrule Warriors Vs. A Link to the Past. Polls closed.
- Oracle of Ages Vs. A Link Between Worlds. Polls closed.
- Ocarina of Time Vs. Skyward Sword. Polls closed.
- The Minish Cap Vs. Oracle of Seasons. Polls close March 19th. (Vote Here)
- Tri Force Heroes Vs. Breath of the Wild. Polls close March 20th. (Vote Here)
- Four Swords Vs. Majora’s Mask. Polls close March 21st. (Vote Here)
- The Wind Waker Vs. Twilight Princess. Polls close March 22nd. (Vote Here)
Be sure place your votes before polls close.
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged into a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new Round 2 voting page each day, Monday through Thursday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- Every Friday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of the prior week.
- Once voting pages for all Round 2 bouts have been posted, there will be a one-week break before the Quarter-Finals begin.
See you in a week!