Favorite Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Date Joined: June 2020
We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.
Hey Listen! I’m David Lasby, and I joined the writing staff of Zelda Dungeon during the summer of 2020. Before that, I was an avid fan and regular visitor here in my quest for all things Zelda.
The shadowy forests and rainy weather of the Pacific Northwest run through my blood. As a lifelong resident of the Seattle area, it’s hard to imagine living anywhere else, and it’s likely that a good deal of my childhood love of The Legend of Zelda spilled over into a passion for exploration, hiking, and adventuring in the region’s stunning wilderness.
My favorite Zelda is Breath of the Wild, followed closely by A Link to the Past. The 1991 classic captured my imagination and propelled me through a lifetime of passion for the series. When a new Zelda was released in 2017 for the Switch, I felt seven years old again, filled with curiosity and wonder.
I hope you enjoy my posts, articles, and discussion here at Zelda Dungeon, where I’ll focus on exploring the Zelda series through a literary analysis lens, drawing on my career as an English teacher.
- Win the Day with this Symphonic Orchestral Arrangement from Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
- Give Us Zelda 99 You Cowards!: Imagining a Pac-Man 99 Style Four Swords Adventure Game
- Leave Home Prepared Thanks to This Classic Zelda Key Ring Holder
- Zelda Warfare: Temple of Time Torture
- Daily Debate: Does The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks have the Best Version of Zelink?
- New Mod Aims to Add First-Person VR to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Fan Artist Collective Working to Redraw The Legend of Zelda’s Map of Hyrule
- Happy Mask Salesman Coming to Purple Spirit Board Event on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Daily Debate: What Zelda Game in Your Library Deserves Another Chance?
- Daily Debate: Is the Second Quest Worth Playing in The Legend of Zelda (NES)?