Favorite Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Date Joined: June 2020
We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.
Hey Listen! I’m David Lasby, and I joined the writing staff of Zelda Dungeon during the summer of 2020. Before that, I was an avid fan and regular visitor here in my quest for all things Zelda.
The shadowy forests and rainy weather of the Pacific Northwest run through my blood. As a lifelong resident of the Seattle area, it’s hard to imagine living anywhere else, and it’s likely that a good deal of my childhood love of The Legend of Zelda spilled over into a passion for exploration, hiking, and adventuring in the region’s stunning wilderness.
My favorite Zelda is Breath of the Wild, followed closely by A Link to the Past. The 1991 classic captured my imagination and propelled me through a lifetime of passion for the series. When a new Zelda was released in 2017 for the Switch, I felt seven years old again, filled with curiosity and wonder.
I hope you enjoy my posts, articles, and discussion here at Zelda Dungeon, where I’ll focus on exploring the Zelda series through a literary analysis lens, drawing on my career as an English teacher.
- A Link to My Past: Finding Courage in a Dark World of Trauma
- Build Your Legendary Collection With These Zelda Minifigure Blocks from Balody
- Daily Debate: Should Nintendo Create a Paper Zelda Game?
- Daily Debate: Should Cadence of Hyrule ever be Considered Canon?
- Daily Debate: Does The Opening of Twilight Princess Deserve Such A Bad Rap?
- Check Out this Lo-Fi Remix of “Kass’ Theme”
- Daily Debate: Is it Time to Move on from the Master Sword?
- Unwind With This “Tarrey Town” Lo-Fi Remix
- Daily Debate: Should Nintendo Create a New, Side-Scrolling Zelda Adventure?
- Check Out These Incredible Fan-Made Nintendo Switch Instruction Booklets