Favorite Zelda: Twilight Princess
Date Joined: September 2015
The game is fun. The game is a battle. If it’s not fun, why bother? If it’s not a battle, where’s the fun?
Hello, all! It’s Brandon! I joined the Zelda Dungeon writing staff in September of 2015. Although I write the occasional news story, most of my work is comprised of Daily Debates.
I’ve lived in Oklahoma virtually my whole life. In December of 2016, I graduated from Oklahoma State University with a Multimedia Journalism degree. Throughout my college career, I wrote weekly feature stories, movie reviews and game previews for the school’s newspaper, the O’Colly. These days, I work as a freelance writer for local magazines TulsaKids and TulsaPeople. Primarily, I’m a recruiter at Tulsa Community College.
Along with gaming, I’m a huge film buff, though anime seems to be slowly but surely taking its place for me. Despite getting into anime only within the past three years, it’s had a profound effect on how I view entertainment as a whole.
When someone runs a fansite called http://wantmidnaback.com/, you just know what the answer’s gotta be! Twilight Princess hit me just the right way at just the right time. The game not only improved upon just about everything that I loved about Ocarina of Time, but it also brought a plethora of unique ideas to the table to carve out its own identity. Dungeons and boss battles are my bread and butter when it comes to Zelda, and Twilight Princess boasts what are easily the most diverse and rewarding ones that this series has seen.
On top of that, no other fictional character has had as much of an impact on me as Midna herself. The Zelda series has introduced us to some of gaming’s most memorable characters both before and since Twilight Princess’ release, but none of them match the nuance or emotional range that this mischievous imp does.
Twilight Princess is my all-time favorite video game, but I’m a huge fan of plenty of other game series’. I’ve been riding the Nintendo train ever since I played my first video game, Diddy Kong Racing. Growing up, both the big N and developer Rare had a tremendous effect on me, with most of my childhood favorites coming from them — Banjo-Kazooie, Conker’s Bad Fur Day, Star Fox 64, Super Smash Bros., Super Mario Sunshine! Over the span of only four years, Fire Emblem has gone from a series I’d recognized only through Smash Bros. to one of my top five gaming franchises. Looking beyond Nintendo, Halo is virtually tied with Zelda as my favorite series. Mass Effect, BioShock, and Gears of War are high up there, too!
- Daily Debate: What Zelda-Indie Game Crossover Would You Like to See Next?
- Daily Debate: Are You Worried About Breath of the Wild 2 Possibly Reusing the Same Map?
- Daily Debate: Did You Ever Expect Midna to Betray Link?
- Daily Debate: Did Cadence of Hyrule Become Too Easy?
- Daily Debate: Would You Be Happy With Breath of the Wild 2 Prioritizing Dungeons Over Its World Map?
- Daily Debate: Which Actor Would You Like to Play Ganondorf in Breath of the Wild 2?
- Daily Debate: What Do You Think of Cadence of Hyrule So Far?
- Banjo-Kazooie Are Coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate this Fall
- Cadence of Hyrule Slated to Release on June 13th
- Link’s Awakening To Feature Custom Dungeon Maker