Greetings, my lovelies! There’s a lot of business to get through with this week’s Zelda Dungeon Caption Contest, so let’s get started!
Last week, in honor of Link’s Awakening, we announced that we’d be giving away prizes to the first-place winners of each contest category. We received a ton of great submissions; in fact, the first-place spot in the non-caption category was hotly contested all week long. We’re happy to announce the prize winners down below, but be sure to send love to every entrant because all their captions were excellent.
As for this week, I’m personally excited to bring you the first Caption Contest of October. Halloween is just around the corner, so we’ll be highlighting spooky and scary images all month long. This week, just to smooth the transition between all the Link’s Awakening screenshots and the rest of October’s images, we’ve actually got a spooky screenshot from the latest Zelda release.
Last Week’s Contest:
Congratulations to our prize winners! We’ll be getting in touch with you soon!
By: MasterJay (Winner of a prize!)
And here are our non-photo caption winners:
- Christian Puddington: “Yoshi thought he could hide on Koholint Island and start a new life there, but when Link finally caught him, he realized there was no escape from those hunting him for tax evasion. Even in an entirely different franchise.” (Winner of a prize!)
- Art1st4786: “You got the Blatant Mario Advertising Doll! This Yoshi doll comes from a relative Nintendo property trying to encroach on your successful franchise! It’s not easy being green!”
- Lifeoflink: Link: “Wait, you’re not Yoshi! You’re a doll! Man, I was hoping I could get a ride around the island, but now I have to walk.”
- Emma Turner: “It’s dangerous to go alone, Take this!”
- Anthony Ard: “We took that Amber with that mosquito and that frog and then through the miracle of science… BOOM we got ourselves a dino, baby!! What can go wrong?”
This Week’s Contest:
“I can only tell lies. He can only tell truths. You may ask us one question.”
Here are the guidelines:
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages. When in doubt, keep it Nintendo.
- If you don’t have the ability to edit the image, just leave it as a comment. We make sure to have a separate list of winners for this category.
- Photo editing and manipulation (i.e. Photoshop) is allowed, but these entries will be part of a separate list of winners for this category.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Dungeon. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another… and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and, who knows? Maybe you will be one of next week’s winners!