Hello everyone! Welcome back to Artists of Legend. What did y’all think of that Nintendo Direct yesterday? Are you excited about the announcements? As usual, we have another art challenge for those of you who are interested and plenty more artwork to share that you’ve sent to us. Now, let’s get right on into everything!
Last week, we asked you to create artwork of some shopkeepers from the Zelda series in honor of Labor Day. Unfortunately, we didn’t receive any artwork for this challenge this week. If you wanted to submit to us but were too busy to, don’t worry! We all get busy sometimes; you focus on what you need to, and we’ll be here when you have the time. In the meantime, here’s some fantastic artwork that we can share!
These first three are by stardustcindy on Instagram:
These three are by thesociallyawkwardturtle on Instagram:
These three are by sheikahbird on Instagram:
These two are by enixy on Instagram:
These two are by zutzapin on Instagram:
These two are by torizzard on Instagram:
These two are by sechsmeister on Instagram:
By general_link15 on Instagram:
By Damaris Santos on Instagram:
By majora_draw on Instagram:
By yourtreebranchbroke on Instagram:
By yeuxtournesol on Instagram:
By withazed on Instagram:
By vonturtle on Instagram:
By torimc_27 on Instagram:
By thelovelyskip on Instagram:
By th3ejcap on Instagram:
By show_me_your_dominion_rod on Instagram:
By shmoness on Instagram:
By tjmoonstudios on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! Keep it up!
This Week’s Challenge
This week, because of the release of SNES games being added to Nintendo Switch Online, we’d like you to create artwork that relates to A Link to the Past, the one and only Super Nintendo Zelda game. Also, don’t forget, you’re free to suggest your own ideas for art challenges, and they might be featured in a future Artists of Legend. In the meantime, be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon. He enjoys a good cup of tea. He’s incredibly hyped for BotW 2. Follow him on Twitter