Using the Magic Hammer, Link can drive stakes down into the ground. He can use it to pound on other things, too-like enemies! The Magic Hammer can deliver a powerful blow."
"A Powerful Blow
There are plenty of enemies who can be destroyed by using the Magic Hammer. The only drawback to using it is its range of motion. It's very short."
The Magic Hammer is infamous for reappearing, but it always seemed to have a different name. It was trusty and despite its name never actually used any magic.
It is first called the Magic Hammer in A Link to the Past. It is found in the Dark Palace (A Link to the Past) and can be used to help defeat that level's boss, the Helmasaur King. It is useful for killing enemies, flipping them over by pounding it on the floor, or penetrating their shells with direct hits. It also works for whacking down "mole heads" and flattening other various things blocking Link's path, such as certain fence posts. Its main limitation is its short range.
Aliases and Appearances
There were many names for this hammer since it appeared in a plethora of the games. These names include:
- Main article: Hammer
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link: Was found in the Death Mountain Maze and were used for smashing various overworld boulders.
- Phantom Hourglass: Was found in Mutoh's Temple and was a big aid for Link as he proceeded to beat down Eox.
- A Link Between Worlds: Was found in Ravio's Shop and could be rented for 20 Rupees with the special discount. It can later be purchased for 800 Rupees.
- A Link to the Past: Found in the Dark Palace, this was required to pass the second Crystal needed to beat Ganon.
- Four Swords Adventure: The Hammer was not found anywhere specifically, but it was place randomly for the adventurers to pick up on their adventures. Dark Link also uses this hammer to send the Links into unavoidable dazes.
- Main article: Megaton Hammer
- Ocarina of Time: Placed in the Fire Temple, it was used to beat the Fire Dragon Volvagia. Darunia was concerned about not having it when he went to go fight Volvagia himself, but eventually Link was able to find it and beat Volvagia.
- Main article: Skull Hammer
- Wind Waker: It is obtained by returning to the Forsaken Fortress and defeating Phantom Ganon. Having the Hammer aided in knocking off the Helmaroc Kings Mask. It could also act as a shield using the blocking ability. Miniblins also had a different effect while attacking with it.