Yo dawg I heard you liked Zelda so we put Zelda
If you’ve ever wanted to roll around town in a customized Zelda whip, then we have some excellent news for you.
Some of you may remember the 1978 Ford Fairmont that featured a paint job of the original Legend of Zelda‘s map; it was featured in Nintendo Power and a handful of various online news sites. A few weeks ago, it popped up on Craigslist with a surprisingly low $500 price tag.
Apparently, the car is still in good condition, and he says the only reason he’s parting ways with her is because he got a new Prius. Yeah, I don’t know either.
He does say there are a few known issues:
– Power steering fluid has a slow leak and must be topped off every couple of months
– Dome light has short somewhere; we pulled the fuse to the dome light so that it does not drain the battery
– Connections to turn signals can be intermittent, common for Fords of this year. Been rewired twice
– Doesn’t have power brakes, but she was made that way and can’t really help it
– Hasn’t been driven for several months so needed a jump to get going last week
– Alternator light is always on- if there is a problem with the alternator you can tell by the way the turn signal blinking slows down- I replaced the alternator 2.5 years ago
But still, $500? If I was him, I’d at least try to get a couple thousand. He’s just a nicer guy, I guess.
Check full info here.