Posted on October 04 2017 by Rod Lloyd
We take on the toon with the latest game in our Best Dungeon tournament. As the Sword & Shield Maze takes the lead in our Oracle of Seasons poll, we next examine Toon Link’s adventure on the Great Sea with The Wind Waker. This title might just be the Zelda game that has best stood the test of time, and its dungeons are beloved by many.
What is the Best Dungeon in The Wind Waker?
So I have to get this out of the way first: we have decided to exclude the original Four Swords from the tournament. Now there are many reasons why one could consider that game a part of the mainline Zelda series, but on the other hand, there are just too many conceits that make FS difficult to fit into a tournament of this kind. But don’t worry; you’ll get your share of the four multi-colored heroes in our Four Swords Adventures poll.
Moving on to today’s bout. The Wind Waker sparked some controversy before it was released, as its cel-shaded visuals contended with the expectations of Zelda fans at the time. But as time has passed, this adorable game has overcome those initial doubts and is fondly remembered by many gamers. And the great dungeons of the game certainly contributed to its acclaim.
The dungeons of The Wind Waker, in many ways, serve as the culmination of all lessons learned during the development of Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask. Much of the level design of those games was refined and reiterated in the new cel-shaded adventure, and the results were definitely something to delight about. And adding some companions for Link during his adventures helped the dungeon quality even more.
So, it’s time to decide the best dungeon in The Wind Waker.Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged in to a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new game’s voting page each day, Monday through Saturday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- Every Sunday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of the prior week.
- Once voting pages for all 18 mainline Zelda games have been posted, there will be a two-week break before Round 1 begins.
See you tomorrow!