Posted on August 08 2018 by Kat Vadam
Today’s Direct presented us anxiously-awaiting fans with plenty of exciting news on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Among that flurry of information, we saw the presentation of several new game modes. These new modes include:
- Squad Strike: 5-on-5 or 3-on-3, in which players will choose their character lineup and battle it out, elimination-style, to determine a winner.
- Tourney Mode: Choose the number of players, up to 32, and the game will construct a bracket to determine an ultimate winner.
- Smashdown: After a battle in Smashdown, characters previously selected will no longer be available. This mode encourages players to be skilled with multiple characters.
- Training Mode: Featuring an exclusive grid stage, this mode will help players hone their skills and measure their launch distance when striking other players.
- Classic Mode: Single player mode returns, renamed. Players will battle a series of characters, one-on-one.
What do you think of these new modes? We can’t wait for Smash to come (is it December yet?). Stay tuned for more info as it comes in!
Source: Nintendo Direct