Copy Editor, Social Media Manager
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Favorite Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Date Joined: April 2018
No situation is so overwhelming that action is pointless.
Hello! My name’s Kat, and I am the writer and stupidity extraordinaire behind “On the Quest for 100,” a harrowing tale all about getting 100% in Breath of the Wild. I also have my name attached to several other things, including Fan Fiction Friday, a scattering of random Daily Debates, several editorials and interviews, and anything else shiny. I also post random things to the ZD Instagram.
By day, I enjoy cooking and hanging out with my cats. But by night… I tend to enjoy sitting on my couch writing, reading a good book, playing the next Zelda title on my list, or watching an unhealthy amount of Achievement Hunter and Rooster Teeth content.
I have been writing for over twenty years now. I got started at the age of ten, when I first tried my hand at poetry. I was terrible at it. But it was fun, and thought provoking, and I knew I was not ready to give up completely. I kept at poetry for a little longer before I decided to try something different. I moved on to shorter-form fiction, and with my first story, everything just broke loose. Since then, I have found my passion lies in storytelling with emotion, quick jokes, and lots and lots of fantasy or science-fiction elements.
Until recently, I would have said Ocarina of Time in a heartbeat… even though it has taken me a shamefully long amount of time to actually get through it (hey, the Water Temple made me mad). That game truly solidified my love for the series and provided me with a storyline that my overactive imagination could run with. It challenged me in a way that both irritated me and drove me to keep going, and dang it, I loved it. Plus, the music… oh, man.
However, after I was loaned a Switch and Breath of the Wild, I forgot what it was like to have free time. I adore open worlds and exploration, with the ability to just immerse myself completely and take the time discovering all that a game has to offer. Hence, “On the Quest for 100.”
So, honestly, while Ocarina of Time has historically been my favorite, Breath of the Wild is my current favorite.
- Fan Fiction Friday: An Anthology from the Forest – Volume Five
- Fan Fiction Friday: An Anthology from the Forest – Volume Four
- Fan Fiction Friday: An Anthology from the Forest – Volume Three
- Fan Fiction Friday: An Anthology from the Forest – Volume Two
- Fan Fiction Friday: An Anthology from the Forest – Volume One
- Art Challenge Linktober Seeks to Host Their Own Zine, and They Need Your Thoughts!
- Tales of Hyrule: Love Stories Through the Ages – Please, Don’t Wake Up
- Tales of Hyrule: Love Stories Through the Ages – Hylia and Her Hero
- Fan Fiction Friday: Hyrule Cleanup Detail
- On the Quest for 100: Moving Rocks, Shooting Balloons, and Discovering the Secrets of Hyrule