The VGAs have come and gone but not before we got a brief glimpse of the new Zelda Wii U. We post the teaser right here by Mases earlier tonight. Now we have a quick rundown of what was shown.
Jump inside to check it out for yourself.
- The Sailcloth from Skyward Sword makes a return.
- Standing on cliffs you can view far off locations and add the terrain to your minimap.
- Viewing the suspicious tower in the distance places it on your Wiiu gamepad minimap and makes it a location.
- Once placed on the minimap you can zoom into the location using the gamepad.
- Link can use the sailcloth to jump from high locations down to the valleys below safely.
- Your horse will automatically move around trees while riding.
- Shooting arrows while riding a horse has returned.
- When firing an arrow at an enemy the impact will make a different sound signifying that your hit did damage.
- You can freely move the camera in all directions while riding the horse.
- You have a new skill where you can jump off the horse and move into slow motion while you take aim and shoot an enemy while in mid air
- You can collect the apples that grow on the trees and eat them
- A return of the Magic Meter?
- You can view in first person point of view, locating the tower caused a green flash which added a waypoint to the minimap.
- Looking in first-person in 1:1 controlled with the movements of the Wii U gamepad.
Well not only does Link have possibly a few horses he can tame and ride, but he also gets some amazing Horse-Fu skills that lets him hover in bullet time Matrix style giving the player much time to take aim and fire. Definitely an interesting trick. It’s looking like arrow skill and horse riding is going to be the primary method of attack in this one. Or at least that’s the impression I am getting from this.
Drop a comment below on what you think!