Posted on March 26 2017 by Rod Lloyd
Hey there, ZI fans. It may be a little late, but Zelda Informer’s Photoshop Contest is back again with force. This weekend saw the release of the new Power Rangers film, igniting the collective nostalgia of an entire generation. With such a special mix of fight scenes, kaiju battles, and high school angst, Power Rangers has a special place in hearts of many 90’s kids, very much The Legend of Zelda I would assume. With that in mind, this week’s contest will celebrate the mighty morphin’ television series by combining it with our favorite game series. It’s morphin’ time, folks!
Last Week’s Contest: Riding the Beast
Link set out to ride something ridiculous in last week’s contest, but things didn’t quite work out for him in the end.
Artist: Spiral Harmonies
This Week’s Contest: Zelda – Power Rangers Crossover
The new Power Rangers film hit theaters this weekend, bringing the magic of the original show to a new generation. Rangers, monsters, robots, and Zords are just a handful of things that we fondly look back on when thinking of Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers; the show is just ripe for iconic imagery that one could use for a Photoshop.
The contest this week is to combine elements of The Legend of Zelda and Power Rangers. You can show the rangers teaming with heroes from the Zelda series, show a Zord stomping through Hyrule, or just show Tingle hanging out with Alpha 5. Whatever you decide, there are some images in the gallery below to get you started, but as always, feel free to use anything you find online to complete your submission.
General Rules: Submit your entries in the comments section below.
- To save images from the gallery, right click the image in the gallery (without opening the image in lightbox) and select open image in new tab. Right click and save!
- Photoshop is not required to enter the contest. Any image manipulation software can be used to create your entry.
- Some hand-drawn fan art is okay, but your entry must include some image manipulation to be considered.
- If you use another fan’s original assets or likeness, please try to give them credit.
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Informer. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another…and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Deadline: Submit entries no later than Friday at midnight: 11:59 p.m. PST on March 31. Entries submitted after this Deadline will not be considered.
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and maybe you will be one of next week’s winners!
For those that who want to test their skills with something more challenging, we have a few Challenge Rules for you to follow:
1. Your entry must include a Zord comprised of 5 mechanical beings from the Zelda series.
2. Your entry must include the Green Ranger.