A New Day for software and a new day for hardware. A new day for Zelda and for Mario. For Pimkin and Kirby. There is now only two and a half hours until Nintendo’s press conference kicks off at 9am PDT (remembering ZI server time is US Central). We know that you’re struggling to keep it together in these last two and a bit hours, so we’ve got this for you. Everything you need to get your body ready, and a recap of our countdown for you to fill in the remaining time.
First things first – you need some music to enjoy and get you in the right mood- Majora’s Mask style.
Now that you’ve got the music playing (make sure it is if you haven’t got it going yet), we can make sure your body is ready. Here’s the rundown:
- You can watch the official Nintendo live stream at e3.nintendo.com.
- You can also stay tuned to our mainpage for all of the news minutes after it is announced and also a live blog of the conference as it happens.
- You can also keep track of the news via our Facebook page.
- You may prefer to keep your eyes on our dedicated E3 2011 Page (linked to in the header) which will be updated with the latest videos. It also lists all of the news down the left side of the page, and our exclusive site features on the right.
In others words – we’ve got you covered on everything from E3. Now, to fill in the next two and a half hours – here’s a recap of our countdown series for you to take a look at:
- 4 Hours Remain – Countdown to E3: Top Five Anticipated Nintendo Games
- 8 Hours Remain – Countdown to E3: The Grand E3 Game Plan
- 12 Hours Remain – Countdown to E3: “My Body is Ready”
- 24 Hours Remain – Countdown to E3: ZI’s Official E3 2011 Predictions
- 36 Hours Remain – Countdown to E3: What Nintendo is All About
- 48 Hours Remain – Countdown to E3: Top Five Most Anticipated of E3 2011
- 60 Hours Remain – Countdown to E3: Nintendo’s Best Five E3 Pesentations
- 72 Hours Remain – Countdown to E3: What to Expect from Zelda at E3 2011
- 4 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: What to Expect from Nintendo at E3 2011
- 5 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: Zelda’s History at E3
- 6 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: Nintendo’s History at E3
- 7 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: Getting to Know Your Presenters – Miyamoto
- 8 days to Go – Countdown to E3: Getting to Know Your Presenters – Iwata
- 9 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: Getting to Know Your Presenters – Reggie
- 10 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: Did Nintendo Keep Their E3 2010 Promises?
- 11 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: What’s This E3 All About Anyway
- 12 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: My Five Favorite Days of the Year
- 13 Days To Go – Countdown to E3: Memorable Nintendo Staff Quotes
- 14 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: My 10 Favorite Nintendo E3 Moments
- 15 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: How Many Game Franchises Does Nintendo Have?
- 16 Days to Go – Countdown to E3: Relive Nintendo’s 2010 E3 Press Conference
We know that when this is all said and done that this statement will hold true for anyone that calls themself a Nintendo fan:
So try to keep your excitement at bay and don’t let it make you do anything stupid. Now, even though our countdown has ended, E3 is where it all really starts. And following E3 we will be kicking off a new series called “The E3 Aftermath” with plenty of analyses, thoughts and heaps more. Stay tuned to ZI – your prime source for Nintendo at E3 2011!
This is all you’ll be hearing from us from now until E3 starts. It’s time for us to get our collective staff body ready, from our stations at home, and live from the Nintendo’s conference in the Nokia theater. Our representative Alex, was actually first to arrive, so will have an awesome front-row seat. He’s already spoken with Nintendo of America’s Assistant PR Manager David Young.
What I really love about this E3 is that even if Nintendo made no new surprise announcements, and stuck to what was confirmed to be at E3 – it would still be one hell of a show. Less than three hours remain.