Posted on July 16 2018 by Rod Lloyd
It’s Monday once again, which means the Zelda Dungeon Caption Contest is ready for another round. Since E3, we’ve been running through screenshots from the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. This new fighting game could very well be the biggest Nintendo crossover of all time, bringing together characters from the company’s marquee franchises. It’s only because of Super Smash Bros. that we get to see scenes like today’s contest image, in which the cunning Sheikah warrior Sheik encounters the fish Pokémon Goldeen.
Last Week’s Contest:
We highlighted Toon Link’s return to the Smash Bros. roster last week by offering this Four Swords reunion.
By: Christian Beach
And here are our non-photo caption winners:
- Ashley: “”Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!” -Finding Nemo seagulls
- Justin: “Legends of Zelda: The Clone Wars”
- Dylan: Blu: um…guys!!? do you see that giant thing coming for us?!
Red: whoa! that’s a big heart its mine!!
Greenie: oh man…[glad no one can see my stupid cat face]
Vio: Wow! I want that heart its mine!!
- Christina Lee: “Oh, my heart!!! That menacing moon is about to fall again!”
- Corey R: “That moment when Blue is distracted by the sun so Vio attempts to totem on Red’s back in order to relive the experiences he missed out on in Triforce Heroes and Red is like ‘WTH’ and Green is like ‘SMH you guys'”
This Week’s Contest:
Is Sheik developing a new fighting technique?
Here are the guidelines:
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages. When in doubt, keep it Nintendo.
- If you don’t have the ability to edit the image, just leave it as a comment. We make sure to have a separate list of winners for this category.
- Photo editing and manipulation (i.e. Photoshop) is allowed, but these entries will be part of a separate list of winners for this category.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Dungeon. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another…and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and maybe you will be one of next week’s winners!