Posted on September 19 2019 by Adam Barham
Heya! How’s everyone doing this week? Welcome back to Artists of Legend! The Link’s Awakening remake is coming out tomorrow! Are you looking forward to it? As usual, we have another art challenge for those of you who are interested and plenty more artwork to share that you’ve sent to us. Now, let’s get right on into everything!
Last week, we asked you to create artwork of scenes of nature from the Zelda series. And here’s the artwork you sent to us!
By rottencandyapp1 on Twitter:
By Zeldagirl on the previous Artists of Legend post:
Here’s a bunch more terrific submitted artwork as well!
This vonturtle_art four-panel comic is by on Instagram:
These three pieces are by munchlc on Instagram:
These two pieces are by smileyirisart on Instagram:
These two pieces are by sechsmeister on Instagram:
By general_fang15 on Instagram:
By drag.draws on Instagram:
By geist_stencils on Instagram:
By drixtina on Instagram:
By enixy on Instagram:
By markiled on Instagram:
By zutzapin on Instagram:
By yeuxtournesol on Instagram:
By thomaswiild on Instagram:
By show_me_your_dominion_rod on Instagram:
By sako_mi_camion on Instagram:
By sako_mi_camion on Instagram:
By redfoxani on Instagram:
By princelink on Instagram:
By pe.ayalart on Instagram:
By olyvee_ on Instagram:
By nana.cwb on Instagram:
By michellewhytewolfe on Instagram:
By marginmags on Instagram:
By letiz_art on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! Keep the creativity flowing!
This Week’s Challenge
This week, in celebration of the release of the Link’s Awakening remake, we‘d like you to create artwork that relates to Link’s Awakening. Be creative, go crazy, and have fun! Also, don’t forget, you’re free to suggest your own ideas for art challenges, and they might be featured in a future Artists of Legend.
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon. He enjoys a good cup of tea. He’s incredibly hyped for BotW 2. Follow him on Twitter