Posted on March 01 2018 by Adam Barham
Hey everyone! Welcome back to Artists of Legend! We’re going to be making a few changes to the series once again this week in the hopes of giving more support time, and creativity to the artists who make this series possible.
Artists of Legend will return to a weekly series in the hopes of doing that. However, that does not mean that you have less time to work on any art that you might desire to submit! Instead, if you want to submit art for any previous challenge, or anything related to The Legend of Zelda, for that matter, we *will* share it, no matter when in relation to the original challenge you submit it! Take as much time as you need to make it as good as you’d like it to be!
Along with that, we’ll be reaching out to some fans across social media who already create artwork for the series to see if they’d be willing to partner with this series! If there are any artists who stand out to you, please share their pages with us!
Last Time’s Challenge
Last time, two weeks ago, we began opening up the floor for you to submit any artwork that you made related to the Zelda franchise that you chose to! And here’s what you sent in!
Unfortunately, this first submitter’s artwork for a previous challenge had their artwork overlooked originally because Instagram did not make it easy to find; therefore, it was counted as a submission this time around!
By Daeyumi on the previous post and on Instagram:
Actually, both of these next two are by the same person. Nice job going the extra mile!
By ocngrl42 on Instagram:
Thank you for your submissions!
This Time’s Challenge
This week around, we’re actually just continuing last time’s challenge. We’d like you to submit art of anything from the entire Legend of Zelda series. Again, anything from the franchise goes. And to add to that, feel free to submit actual artist profiles as well!
Here are the rules for the contest:
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon-Informer should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting you work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else. I will be checking every submission I receive.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure, so just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Informer; He likes sipping tea; Follow him on Twitter