Posted on March 15 2018 by Adam Barham
Hello everyone! Welcome back to Artists of Legend! We have quite a few things to get in to today, as we have had some exciting developments with this series recently! With that being said, let’s get right into everything!
Last Week’s Challenge
Last time, we asked you to submit artwork of absolutely anything from the entire Legend of Zelda series. In response, we’ve received an outpouring of artwork from multiple different people from multiple different sources, and we’re incredibly grateful for everyone who took the time to create all these wonderful submissions! We’ve received so many, in fact, that we’re going to have to spread out the submissions over a period of several weeks, so look forward to seeing even more fantastic artwork! However, that doesn’t mean that we won’t take more submissions; the more submissions we have, the better this series can be! So please continue sharing the fantastic artwork you make with us! With that being said, here are some of the pieces of artwork that you sent to us!
By Anah Be on Facebook:
By el.arte.de.vero on Instagram:
By Joakim on the previous post and DeviantArt:
By Keira Wheeler on the previous post:
Again, I’d like to thank everyone so much for sharing so much great artwork with us! And there’s still a lot of incredible work to come in the next several weeks!
Featured Partners of Artists of Legend
As we stated last time, we’ve begun reaching out to fans of The Legend of Zelda series who have already been creating artwork for the franchise, in the hope of partnering with them. As of this week, we have our first partnered artist: EternaLegend! If you’ve been looking around at different fan-made works for the Zelda series at all within the past year, there’s a high chance you’ve seen some of her absolutely marvelous work. And now, EternaLegend will be partnering with us to create artwork for this series! As a debut of sorts, here is some of the artwork she has made!
This Week’s Challenge
We’re going to start changing up how we handle the weekly challenges and how we feature art. From now on, we’re going to be offering a theme for you to create art for, while still accepting fan art of anything from the entire Legend of Zelda series; this week, we’d like you to create artwork of your favorite race from The Legend of Zelda franchise. Whether it be anything from the Zoras to the Sheikah and everything in between, we’d like to see your artwork of the different peoples from the series. And if you’re not interested in this specific prompt, feel free to submit any other fan art for the series! And to add to that, feel free to submit actual artist profiles as well so we can partner with even more terrific artists!
Here are the rules for the contest:
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon-Informer should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting you work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else. I will be checking every submission I receive.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure, so just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon; He and Jarrod Raine are working on bringing back Fan Fiction Fridays; He likes sipping tea; Follow him on Twitter