Hello again! Welcome back to our special weekly Artists of Legend for Linktober! It’s been fantastic so far, and it’s only getting better! This month, we’re partnering with the great folks from Linktober! Every day this month, they are offering Zelda themed art prompts to get your creativity flowing. Go check out their Twitter and Instagram pages, and don’t forget to tag your artwork with #linktober all this month.
All this month, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts, and instead, we’ll be focusing on Linktober submissions that were tagged with #artistsoflegend. Remember how I had said last week that Artists of Legend is set for a while to come? Here’s a fun little fact for you regarding that: In this month alone – since the beginning of Linktober – I have received more than 250 submissions. Things have been wild here, and I’ve loved seeing so much great artwork! Once again, thank you all so much!
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s take a look at twenty fantastic submissions that we’ve gotten in the past week!
By ale_kartajan on Instagram:
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
By ladylovelloyd on Instagram:
By kuro_baro on Instagram:
By laura_jane on Instagram:
By maknayenn on Instagram:
By maskedgolem on Instagram:
By stardustcindy on Instagram:
By willowstration on Instagram:
By ryetheartguy on Instagram:
By radiant_skull on Instagram:
By princessemidesu on Instagram:
By laurineord on Instagram:
By laura_jane on Instagram, again:
By chelseapray on Instagram:
By batleena_outo on Instagram:
By art__by__cj on Instagram:
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
By amanda_ruth_art on Instagram:
By agentpluto on Twitter:
I am once again overwhelmed with how fantastic all of your artwork has been, and how much of it that I’ve been getting! Thank you all for your incredible work, and keep it up!
This Week’s Challenge
As stated earlier, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts and instead focus on Linktober. If you’d like to get involved with Linktober, you’re not too late! To begin, pick one of these three prompt calendars.
The Main Calendar
The Quest Calendar
The Chance Calendar
Next, either start from the beginning of your calendar or start from whatever day it currently is. Then, you can make a piece of artwork related to whatever challenge is currently active each day! Overall, the point is to have fun with it!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon; He likes sipping tea; Follow him on Twitter