Hello again! Welcome back to Artists of Legend, and Happy Linktober! This month, as we’ve done in the past, we’re partnering with the great folks from Linktober! Every day this month, they are offering Zelda themed art prompts to get your creativity flowing. You can check out more info about them, as well as links to their social media pages, on their website. And don’t forget to tag your artwork with #linktober all this month! I’m loving what I’ve seen so far, and I can’t wait to see what else everyone creates!
Now, let’s get right on into everything!
All this month, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts. Instead, we’ll be focusing on Linktober submissions that were tagged with #artistsoflegend. Now, let’s take a look at some of the fantastic submissions that we’ve gotten in the past week!
By _mimimaru on Instagram:
By _rottencandyapples on Twitter and Instagram:
By 8_bit_hobo on Instagram:
By amandaoeiwells on Instagram:
By artsybits_byk on Instagram:
By bananathehana on Instagram:
By blanche.draws on Instagram:
By bubblebunny.art on Instagram:
By catman4fr on Instagram:
By evelynjade_art on Instagram:
By jasqreate on Instagram:
By joeldsiegel on Instagram:
By kathrynthehuman on Instagram:
By kbsmith34 on Twitter:
By laura_jane_ on Instagram:
By nafs_creative_corner on Instagram:
By nin.pen.do on Instagram:
By nukedav on Instagram:
By owlbasketteam on Instagram:
By serenityblooms on Instagram:
By spiceandrose on Instagram:
By the.final.fanartist on Instagram:
By thelovelyskip on Twitter and Instagram:
By vonturtle_art on Instagram:
By zeldaandfairies on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! I always thoroughly enjoy seeing it! Keep the creativity flowing!
This Week’s Challenge
For the next several weeks, we’ll be having a change from our standard style of prompts. Just like we did in years past, we’ll be partnering with Linktober! To participate, pick whichever calendar – or calendars – you’d like to follow; then create artwork for the prompt given on each day of the calendar, and share it with #Linktober and #ArtistsofLegend!
Here are the four calendars available for Linktober:
The Main Calendar
The Chance Calendar
The Quest Calendar
The Shadow Calendar
Be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon. He enjoys a good cup of tea. He’s hyped for BotW 2 and hopes we’ll get a Nintendo Direct with more news for it soon. Follow him on Twitter