Hello again! We are back, yet again, with Artists of Legend for all of you fan art enthusiasts and talented creators out there! As always, we have more artwork to share that was submitted to us, as well as a new theme for you to create artwork for! And don’t forget about our partner EternaLegend, who you can follow on DeviantArt and Twitter!
And now, with all of that said, let’s get right into everything!
Last time, we asked for artwork of your favorite enemy from The Legend of Zelda. While we do have another unrelated piece artwork to share, we did get art specifically for that challenge. And more than that, they made a speed-paint video of creating the artwork!
Here’s the artwork itself:
And here’s the speed-paint video. As someone who had dabbled in digital art myself, I must say that I found several of the effects very interesting and impressive. I especially appreciated the effects on the teeth that made them appear dirty. Overall, it was very well done and worth the watch!
And now for our unrelated piece of artwork. Have I mentioned that this user had submitted fourteen pieces of individual artwork several weeks ago, and this is only the fifth of their works? They deserve some credit for that.
By el.arte.de.vero on Instagram:
Thank you both for submitting your incredible art to us! Keep up the great work, everyone!
This Week’s Challenge
Of course, keep submitting any fan art that you make for The Legend of Zelda series. But even so, if choose to accept it, we have a new theme for you. Therefore, this week, we’d like to have you create artwork of you favorite boss from The Legend of Zelda. The franchise has always had quite a variety of different major enemies that the player must fight at the end of a dungeon, or at another important point in the story. Although, it seems like quite a lot of them have giant eyeballs as their week points for some reason.
As always, here are the rules for the challenge:
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting you work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure, so just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon; He likes sipping tea; Follow him on Twitter