A few more details have surfaced regarding the new Golden Eye 007 game for the Wii. Even though they’re nothing major, it is still a good thing to keep a very close eye on this game, as it might be the riskiest voyage Nintendo is attempting in recent years, especially considering the presentation it was given on the E3. Most people dismiss it right away because Bond isn’t being “played” by Brosnan, but others, such as myself, are inclined to still have a glimmer of hope that this won’t be just a Call of Duty clone with an expensive trademark tacked on.
– take control of one of eight of the legend characters
– Jaws, Oddjob, Baron Samedi, Dr. No, Scaramanga, Red Grant, Rosa Klebb and Blofeld
– when you are killed, you respawn with a randomly selected character
– immediately unlockable by purchasers of the Classic Edition bundle via a one-time use code that comes with the Golden Classic Controller Pro
– standard edition owners can unlock the mode by reaching level 35 in online multiplayer
Activision has revealed a new mode for online multiplayer in GoldenEye 007 for the Wii: Classic Conflict Mode.
In this unique multiplayer mode, players assume control of one of eight of the legend characters: Jaws, Oddjob, Baron Samedi, Dr. No, Scaramanga, Red Grant, Rosa Klebb and Blofeld. When a player gets killed in the action, he or she respawns as a randomly selected character from the list of legends. Since online support features eight player competition, it’s possible that at any given time all eight legends will be out and about.