Location: Layton, Utah
Favorite Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Date Joined: May 2021
Courage need not be remembered, for it is never forgotten.
Hello there! My name is Chakell (pronounced shuh-kell) and I’m a writer for Zelda Dungeon!
I was born and raised (and honestly will probably die) in Utah. I grew up as the youngest of 3 siblings who all love Nintendo as much as I do. But now, I live with my husband, Jeffrey, (who loves to watch me play video games) and my sweet little cavalier king charles spaniel, Ella. I am a full-time magazine editor, and also a full-time nerd. I am a sucker for a good story, so I’m always reading books (Harry Potter is a personal favorite) and listening to podcasts. I also love being outside. But all in all, writing is my passion, and honestly, so is Zelda. So, obviously, I am thrilled to be here!
The Legend of Zelda has been a huge influence and constant companion in my life since a fateful Christmas in 1998 when my parents brought home a Nintendo 64 and an intriguing game called Ocarina of Time. Being only a 7-year-old little girl who loved princesses and ponies, I was both terrified (Dead Hand, need I say more?) and in love with the game. I mean, there were princesses, Epona, puzzles, and you could fight monsters too! I didn’t know what it was about a little boy in green who was given an unimaginable task to help a princess defeat evil that just kind of resonated with my soul. And let’s not forget that sweet satisfied feeling of confidence I got every time I heard the puzzle-solve jingle.
And just like that, Ocarina of Time was the adventure that opened the door to many more throughout the years. I have loved every adventure I’ve taken with Link and Zelda thus far, and Breath of the Wild gave me so much hype that I felt like I was 7-years-old again. And now here comes the sappy bit. Brace yourself. In all honesty, The Legend of Zelda has been a story that I have turned to throughout the years during dark times in my life. It has been an escape from my struggles with anxiety and other challenges. The reminder that such a small, insignificant boy can rise from the ashes with courage and somehow defeat a terrible evil against all odds over and over again, reminds me that I can do the same.
- Daily Debate: What Zelda Game Has the Best Dungeons?
- The Unforgettable and Unmatched Power of the Forest Temple
- Daily Debate: Which Dungeons Were the Most Difficult for You to Conquer?
- Daily Debate: What Makes a Good Dungeon?
- Daily Debate: Is Story or Gameplay More Important to You In Zelda?
- Daily Debate: What Zelda Game Doesn’t Get Talked About Enough?
- Daily Debate: What Zelda Game Do You Replay Annually?
- Daily Debate: Will We Get a Tears of the Kingdom Nintendo Direct?
- Daily Debate: As We Approach Release, Why Do You Think We Haven’t Heard Much About Tears of the Kingdom?
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Has Been Rated By The ESRB