Upon Link's entrance to the boss chamber, Ghirahim will welcome him for a high balcony. He starts by acknowledging he does not know Link's name; which he says is irrelevant because he is mad and needs someone to use it one. He will then proceed to tell Link the story of why he is here, which revolves around him learning his minions had captured the spirit maiden, and thus he rushed over, only the learn that Impa had freed her. Finally, he says he plans to introduce Link to a friend of his, adding that this friend will only require a few moments to burn Link to a crisp.
When the battle begins, Scaldera will fire fireballs in different directions and Link will need to run up the slope while dodging the fireballs. Then eventually Scaldera will chase after Link. We know from previous Game Informer updates that to defeat Scaldera you must throw bombs into its mouth, which will slowly chip away at its exoskeleton. This will reveal an eye beneath, which must be attacked with the sword to defeat him.
Target lock: Scaldera
Immediately start running up the slope - you can't do anything to Scaldera while it's on fire. A little ways up, it should cool down, revealing its rocky carapace. Throw a bomb at it, and it will roll down the slope. Follow it down and prepare another bomb. As it opens its mouth in preparation for a fireball attack, throw in a bomb and its explosion will chip away some of the carapace, revealing an eye. Slash at it with your sword until he reignites. Repeat this process until it sustains enough damage to change its strategy to phase 2.
If you aren't fast enough with the second bomb and he launches his fireball attack, dash back and forth to avoid them. If you run all the way to the top, you can hide on the far left or right side of the circular platform where neither the fireballs nor Scaldera can reach. You can also pick up some hearts and bombs here.
Scaldera will raise its body high above the ground and rush up the slope past you. Once he reaches the top, he'll roll down and try to crush you. Stand to one side of the slope, and then dash to the other side before it hits you, and it'll roll past you down to the bottom. Here, it will prepare another fireball attack, so throw a bomb in its mouth and repeat the process from phase 1. The eye will move around this time, requiring more precise aiming of the sword.
- ↑ "Let me see... No, that's not it. This is so very embarrassing, but I seem to be at a loss for your name. Not that it matters, really. To tell you the truth, I'm feeling a bit frustrated, and right now I just need someone to vent to." — Ghirahim, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "I heard my underlings had finally captured the spirit maiden, so of course I rushed over here. What can I say? I was excited. Flustered, even... But what did I find when I arrived? That agent of the goddess..." — Ghirahim, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "She had once again... You see, what I'm trying to say is..." — Ghirahim, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "That goddess-serving dog escaped with the girl!" — Ghirahim, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "There's someone special I'd like you to meet. Oh, don't be shy! I need to vent all this unhealthy anger, and your agony is such a great stress reliever." — Ghirahim, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "It won't take more than a few moments with my friend before you're charred to a satisfying crisp. And let me tell you, that will put a spring in my step!" — Ghirahim, Skyward Sword.