The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is a Nintendo 3DS game released on June 19th, 2011 in North America. It is a 3D action/adventure game set in Hyrule, and is a remake of the original Nintendo 64 game, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The graphics were improved and a Boss Challenge mode was added, but the story, characters, enemies, and locations are no different from the original.
Changes between The Nintendo 64 version and 3DS version
- The Master Quest is unlocked after completing the game, previously only available on the Nintendo GameCube.
- The included Master Quest mirrors the game and increases enemy damage. This is not present on GameCube.
- The title screen and start menu have been updated to include touchscreen capabilities.
- A mode unlocked after completing the Forest Temple allows for boss refights.
- After all bosses are unlocked, a gauntlet mode is made available.
- Aiming controls have been updated to use the gyro motion controls.
- Sheikah Stones were added in order to provide hints to newer or confused players.
- All graphics and animations received updates.
- Gameplay now outputs at 30 frames per second rather than the original 20.
- The death counter on the file select screen has been removed.
- The Deku Stick's damage no longer matches the Master Sword's.
- The crouch stab no longer does the damage of the previous attack.
- A glitch with the crouch stab called Infinite Sword Glitch was removed.
- Glitches such as Ocarina Items and Wrong Warp were removed.
- Skyward Sword posters can be found hidden throughout the game.
- These Ocarina of Time 3D Scrolls were given away to select winners that attended the Nintendo Connection Tour 2011 in Australia. There are three different designs and in total they are limited to 80 units.
You can find a full text and video walk through at Zelda Dungeon.
Video Walkthrough