Patch is a character from Oracle of Ages. He lives atop Restoration Wall in the Past, which is located at the north-western section of Talus Peaks and is directly south of Symmetry Village. He is known for being able to restore broken items back to their original design, as long as the one requesting the fix can complete the Mini-Game he has designed in the basement of his house, which he calls Patch's Crazy Cart.Tuni Nut, which he is asked to get repaired, as it is broken. He must take this to Patch, who asks Link to participate in a cart mini-game that he mistakenly refers to as a trap, but covers it up by calling it a ceremony. Once Link completes the mini-game, Patch restores the Tuni Nut. Link must then take the Tuni Nut back to Symmetry Village, which, when placed back in its pedestal, stops the erupting volcano and thus restores the present-day Symmetry City to an undestroyed, balanced city. In the present, the volcano becomes a waterfall, which is actually revealed to be the location of the fourth dungeon of the game, the Skull Dungeon.
As part of the Oracle of Ages Trading Sequence, Link can bring the Broken Sword to Patch in order to get it repaired. The process is identical to the Tuni Nut. Once repaired, this completes the Trading Sequence, as Link is given the fixed Broken Sword, which is actually the Noble Sword. Additionally, in a Linked Game, if Link has already collected the Noble Sword, this process creates the Master Sword.
- If Link is playing a Linked Game and has already acquired the Noble Sword, the Broken Sword becomes the legendary Master Sword when it is repaired by Patch.
- ↑ "I haven't had any visitors in some time. I am Patch, the restoration guru. Did you need me? ›Yes ›No" — Patch, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Welcome to Patch's Crazy Cart! Will you partake in my ceremony? ›Yes ›No" — Patch, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Hey! You can ignore the rules and leave the city! Can you take the Tuni Nut to Patch? ›Yes ›No" — Resident of Symmetry Village, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ 4.1 4.2 "Hmm... Eh, heh! My ceremony succeeded! You are talented. You got through this trap--err, ceremony. Here is your ÿ, as good as new!�� As usual, I am perfect!" — Patch, Oracle of Ages.