Items: Treasure Map #16
Gems: Wisdom Gem #11, Power Gem #12
New Enemies: Blue ChuChu, Like Like
- Upon arriving Ciela and Linebeck go on about the pure metal that might
be on this island.
After thatís over with, control Link and move to your left to
find the first Goron here. He gives you some basic information about the Gorons
and Goron Island. You can enter the first cave here to find it is a Goron home.
He just tells you some basic information and nothing really useful. You can make
your way to the small hut at the bottom-left corner to find a small shop. Up for
sale are some potions, arrows, a wooden shield (if you lose yours), and a new
item, some bombchus. Unfortunately we do not have bombchu bag yet, so we cannot
- Head up the small steps and navigate this area of the island, talking to any of
the gorons or going into and of the small huts. Head east and you will see a
goron across a small gap and a sign that reads, Ďgive a shout if you need
anythingí. Just walk by it for now and head up the small stairs.
- Follow the path back leftwards and you will find a goron worried about new
enemies on the higher ledge. Use the shovel on the soft soil spot and ride the
geyser upwards. From here, we can use the boomerang to stun the yellow chuchus
on the other higher cliff and then the bow and arrow to defeat them. The small
goron will thank you for helping him out and then tosses you a new treasure map!
|New Item: Treasure Map #16
- This map shows the location of a sunken treasure in the southeast quadrant of
the Great Sea!
View Treasure Map Guide
- Now backtrack to the sign we saw earlier. It tells you to shout if you need
anything, so shout into the microphone. The goron from the other side will ask
if you want to cross and will step on a switch, creating a small bridge. Cross
it and then continue right to find some more gorons roaming around.
- Talk to the large Goron here and he says because you are a stranger he cannot
tell you where the elderís house is. However, when saying that, he points to the
elderís house. Mark it on your map. There is another small hut to the right
where a Goron begins to tell you a secret of the Goron Amber, but then stops
because he doesnít know you well.
- Head up the small steps here and youíll see a soft soil spot on the left. Dig it
up for a red rupee. If you head to the right you will come across a Goron that
wonít let you cross. If youíve spoken to all the Gorons on the island already,
Ciela will say that you should visit the Goron elder.
- Head back left and follow the weird looking tracks into a cave. Speak with the
Goron Elder, Biggoron and after telling him of the pure metal, he says he will
not speak of it unless you are a tribe member. He tells you to speak to all the
Gorons and then we can speak again. If youíve already spoken to all the possible
gorons up until now, he will continue, now asking you some questions about the
island. Take the test for the 20 rupees.
- He explains the rules of his trivia game. He will ask you six questions and if
you get each one right, he will give you a prize, but if you get one wrong, he
will take back all his prizes. He gives you one Gorohint, which allows Link to
eliminate one of the possible answers in the multiple choices questions. Below
are the prizes awarded and the possible questions he will ask with the correct
How many Gorons live on this island?
How many homes are there on this island?
How many Gorons are in their homes right now?
How many Gorons are outside right now?
Of those Gorons how outside, how many are adults?
How many Goron children are on the island?
How many rocks are in this home?
The Goron at this spot! What is he staring at?
What color were the odd creatures on the cliff?
What is on this spot?
Easy one, stranger! What number question is this?
Be sure to keep track!
How many rupees have you won so far? Easy!
Keep track! Changes as you go!
||Big Green Rupee|
||Wisdom Gem #11|
- He tried to trick you with a facial reaction as if you got some questions wrong,
but you really get them right and he claps. After a drum roll for the 6th and
final question, he claps as confetti falls from the ceiling. You are now an
official brother of the Goron tribe and you are now known as Goro-Link. He will
then award you with the wisdom gem.
|Wisdom Gem #11
||Goron Island - Goron Elder
- Answer all 6th questions correct to become a member of the Goron tribe. With the
6th correct answer, Link will awarded with a Wisdom Gem.
View Wisdom Gems Guide
- Biggoron collects a one-time payment for your membership dues of 146 rupees.
That is exactly the number of rupees you just won from the trivia contest.
Biggoron will then give you some hints about the pure metal. He tells you that
the pure metal is in the Goron Temple and Link is free to take it. He will then
tell you that little Gongoron will show you to the temple. Talk to Gongoron and
he will go walking out of the room and tells you to keep up.
- Walk outside and Gongoron is gone! If you head east, the Goron guard wonít let
you pass and says he has not seen Gongoron. Talk to the rest of the Gorons that
are walking around to find clues on where Gongoron has gone. Youíll find him on
a higher cliff but then he calls you a slowpoke and walks off again! Head back
to the right and ask the Gorons if theyíve seen him. One of them points out that
he is back on the east side of the island by the Goron guard.
- Finally find Gongoron and he tells you follow him. The Goron guard will now let
you pass up north. Head up north and you will find yourself in the Goron maze.
Ciela points out that it is a dead end but it is far from that. There are two
cracked walls and a bomb flower.
- Bomb the wall on the left first and follow the path to your left. Just head left
for now and defeat the rock chuchu with a bomb. At the end of the path is a
switch that you can step on. Do so and it lowers the spikes at a later part of
the maze. You can take the south part of this area and you will come across a
new form of chuchu.
- The toughest variation of chuchu found in the game. Much like the yellow
chuchuís the blue ones have an electric charge around them. However, this is a
permanent charge and doesnít just go away after a few seconds. Use your arrows
or bombs to defeat them. Alternatively, you can stun them with the boomerang and
then finish them up with two swipes of your regular sword.
- You can head all the way left to get some extra items, but nothing really
worthy. Youíll notice there is a switch below but you canít fit through the
small hole just yet. Just leave it for now and head back to the bomb flower on
the far right.
- Use the bomb flower or your regular bombs to break the first two walls here. You
can blow up the next wall as well to have access to another bomb flower. Defeat
the rock chuchu and blowup the next wall on your left. Follow the path all the
way to the left and you will come across a small treasure chest.
Open it up to
get a big green Rupee. Head back right and it appears you are stuck, but there
is a hidden cracked wall. Just south of the weird looking symbol place a bomb to
explode open the wall. Head left and exit the maze.
- Thereís one thing left in the maze though. From the left side of the maze head
down and then right through the small passage until you come to a treasure
chest. Open it up to get a power gem.
|Power Gem #12
||Goron Island - Maze
- After making it through the maze on the island. From the left side head back
into the maze through the south entrance and you will come to a treasure chest
that contains the power gem.
View Power Gems Guide
- Head back left and go down the small steps to encounter a new enemy, a Like
- These classic Zelda enemies will suck Link into its body and if it holds you
long enough, will steal your shield. Keep your distance and when it begins to
try and suck you in, toss a bomb. It will explode, stunning the like like and
allowing you to defeat it with your sword. If you have the courage gem upgrade,
equip Ciela and you can keep your distance, firing sword beam attacks at the
- After this annoying enemy is defeat, the spikes will lower on the left. Climb a
few sets of stairs and you will be right outside the Goron Temple. Ciela will
jump in saying that Gongoron has entered the temple and we should follow him in.
Before entering, step on the switch below to create a bridge that allows easier
access to the lower part of the island. Once you are ready, enter Goron Temple.
|10.2 Goron Temple|
Items: Treasure Map #17, Bombchu, Crimsonine
Heart Containers: #9
New Enemies: Armos, Eye Slug
- Enter the temple and Ciela immediately notices there is no sign of Gongoron and
suggest that Link should just push forward. The stone tablet nearby gives Link
some obvious advice, stay away from the quicksand.
- Make your way to the right side of the room, trying to avoid being seen by the
beamos. Defeat the blue chuchus as they appear in the room. Cycle around the
twirling passages and you will find a switch and another beamos. Stepping on the
switch you will see that spikes lower in the area above, but once you step off
the spikes rise again. There is a small path here and a large statue on the
other end. This is actually an Armos statue.
- These statues start off stationary, but when Link draws near they awake and
start hopping around. Just use one of Links bombs and toss it at the Armos and
it will shut off, now turning into just a regular statue.
- Luckily for us, this first statue is already shut off, so just pull him over to
the switch on the floor and it will lower the spikes above. Quickly run around
the spikes and get away from the beamos.
- There is a strange looking door here, but we canít do anything about it so just
head left. There is an armos statue waiting for you, but this one is actually
active. It will start hopping at you so either maneuver around it and toss the
bomb flower or just use one of your own bombs. There is an eye statue just to
the right, but it is too high for Link to hit so just head on north.
- There is a switch in the quicksand, but it is a timed switch. Not need to bother
hitting it at this point since we canít reach the chest. There is a switch on
the floor as well, and it is also a timed switch. Stepping on it will open that
strange door we passed earlier. However, we donít have enough time to run on
over. Pull the armos statue we just defeated onto the switch to keep the door
- Head on through the door and you will find another armos statue. Use some bombs
to shut it down and then push it onto the switch that lies on the left. This
will create a small bridge in the area above the quick sand. Head back right and
use the shovel on the soft soil spot to create a geyser. Ride it up to the
- Grab the bomb flower and step onto the bridge above the quicksand. Toss it down
to the ground to hit the switch and then really quickly run on over to the right
and open the switch that appears for another treasure map.
|New Item: Treasure Map #17
- This map shows the location of a sunken treasure in the southeast quadrant of
the Great Sea!
View Treasure Map Guide
- Cross the bridge to your left and jump off the ledge. Use bombs to de-activate
the two armos and the door will open below. Step on the switch on the floor and
it will lower the spikes below, allowing quicker access to the temple entrance.
- Head to the far right off this area and pull out the arrows. Remember that eye
switch we saw earlier? Well, from this higher platform we now can hit it. Doing
so will create a chest that contains a red rupee.
- Head to the far left of the room and you will see a useless statue and a cracked
wall. If you blow up the wall and head through, you will find yourself in a dead
end area. However, you can see that two pillars to the right, there is another
entrance. Leave the room and then place a bomb in the area two sections to the
right to blow open another secret wall.
Break the pots and then head down the stairs at the top of the room.
- Take a step down and the door shuts behind you. Two flaming skulls appear in a
room that is already filled with two beamos and quicksand. Defeat the two skulls
and the door will open up and the spikes at the left will lower. Avoid the
beamos and cross the area with the lowered spikes.
- Follow this wavy path and you finally find Gongoron standing on the other side
of quicksand. You find out that Gongoron wasnít actually running throughout the
temple, but rather he was captured by enemies and locked up.
Before you have
time to think of a way to get him out of there, an eye brute appears behind
Link. Use an arrow and fire it at the eye of the enemy. When it is stunned, run
on over and swipe at it with your sword until he has been defeated. It will take
a few hits, but once he is defeated, run back over to the quicksand and talk to
- Gongoron thanks Link for saving him and now he can run freely. However, Ciela
points out that Link cannot progress any further on his side. Gongoron, being
the helpful goron that he is, agrees to help Link remove the trap. It will give
you some instructions on how to switch between Link and Gongoron. All you have
to do is tap the symbol at the top of the screen.
- Switch on over to Gongoron and roll your way southward. Take a few seconds to
get used to Gongorons controls a bit. If you tap at a place far from Gongoron,
he will roll up into a ball and start rolling around. Gongoron has the ability
to roll through many of the blocks south of him.
However, there are three rock
chuchus in this area that Gongoron cannot roll through. Instead, just stand up
normally and tap at the rock chuchus and Gongoron will jump on them, breaking
their rock defense. Finish them off with another strike. Once all three have
been defeated, the spikes near Link will be lowered. You cannot progress any
further with Gongoron here, so switch on back to Link.
- Head south and you will find two Like Likeís waiting for you. Defeat them both
using either your sword or some bombs and the spikes near Gongoron will lower.
Head on over and Gongoron will find there is a gap across the lowered spikes.
order to get across, Gongoron must pick-up speed while rolling and dash over the
gap. Use the upper part of this area to pick-up speed. There is a switch here,
step on it and nothing happens.
- Remain on top of the switch and switch on over to Link. Head down a bit and you
will see another switch, just left of the one by Gongoron. Step on this switch
with Link and with both switches down, a large treasure chest will appear on
Linkís side of the room. Run on over and open it to get some bombchus.
|New Item: Bombchu
- Bombchus are basically moveable bombs. When equipped, Link will hold a bombchu
above his head and you can trace the route that the bombchu travels. Once it
reaches its destination or target, it will explode. Perfect for getting across
quicksand or through small holes where Link could normally not reach. When Link
first gets the bombchus, he also gets a Bombchus back which holds up to 10
- Once Link opens the chest, the spikes by Gongoron will also lower. Switch back
over to Gongoron and head down to battle some new creates, Eye Slugs.
- One of the easiest enemies in these games, these snake like creatures usually
travel in packs and could swarm Link. However, they can be defeated with just a
single sword swipe.
- Defeat all the eye slugs in this bottom area by either jumping on them or
rolling at them.
Once they are all defeated, a door will open up on the left of
the room, allowing Link to access the south portion of the room.
- Switch back over to Link and head through this now open door. Some more eye
slugs to defeated and once they are all gone, a small treasure chest will appear
which contains a piece of treasure. Also, some spikes just to the right will
- Head on over and you will notice there is a small gap that Link canít quite fit
However, his newly acquired bombchus will glide right through the hole.
Trace a line through the hole and to the switch. Release the bombchu and watch
it explode right at the switch, which will lower the spikes on the left side of
- Gongoron has found a small hole and tells Link that they need to split up.
Make your way to the left side of the room and head up the stairs back to the first
floor. Defeat the blue chuchu that is found here and then pull out your bombchus
Trace one through the hole and hit the switch in the corner of the
room to create a small bridge that leads near the temples entrance. No need to
leave right now, so just head back down the stairs. Nothing left to do in this
room so just continue down the next set of stairs to get to floor B2.
- Head to the right and defeat the Like Like. Lift the rock to reveal a small hole
where a bombchu can pass. Head on up and fight off some rock chuchus until you
have found another switch. If you try and hit this switch, you will notice that
If you smack the statue just to the left, it gives you a clue
to what you have to do. You must hit the two switches at the same time to lower
- Stand right next to the crystal switch on your right and pull out the bombchus
once again. Trace a path around the corner and through the two small holes so it
will hit the second crystal switch. Release the bombchu and once it is about to
hit the crystal switch, be sure to swing your sword so you hit the other switch.
When both switches have been hit at the same time, the spikes at the left will
- Head down the stairs to get to the 3rd basement of this temple. Walk around the
room and you will find that it is filled with those pesky miniblins.
flying pots near the center of the room and defeat all six miniblins to make a
treasure chest appear. Open it up to get all of 20 rupees.
- At the top left part of this room you will find a there are blue and red blocks.
Next to the blue blocks, you will see a crystal switch.
On your side of the
wall, there is another crystal switch that changes the blocks. What you need to
do it keep the red blocks lowered.
Trace a bombchu through the small hole
above, across the quicksand past the red and blue blocks and hit the switch at
the end of the line. As you release, wait until it crosses the red blocks and
then swipe your sword to lower the blue blocks so you allow the bombchu to make
it to the switch. Hitting the switch will lower the spikes to the right.
- Continue towards the right and you will come across an area with four armos
statues and four switches. Use a bomb on each of the armos to freeze them into a
statue and then push all four of them onto the four switches.
Doing so will
lower the spikes at the right.
- Follow the path around and pass a few flying pots that come at you. At the end
of the hall you will find there is the boss key door, but we donít have the boss
key just yet. Head on up the stairs just to the right.
Press the switch on the
left to create a bridge for quicker access to the temple entrance, then head
right and watch the door slam shut behind you.
- The eye brutes appear and can be defeated just like before, using a combination
of arrows and your sword. Once they are done away with, the door will open up
and some spikes will lower. Head passed the spikes and navigate your way around
- There is a crystal switch in this area, but it is one of those timed switches.
Just pass it up for now and head right to find a few blue chuchus and some green
slime. Defeat all the enemies in this area until you make it to the raised
spikes once again. Stand just to the right of them and use a bombchu and hit the
switch we passed up before. Quickly run across the lowered spikes.
- The stone statue near you tells you to look across the quicksand if you find you
are stuck. This area has a ton of eye slugs in the sand to your left. Use your
bow and arrow to eliminate all of them and a treasure chest will appear just
below. Open it up and it will contain a treasure.
- If you look at your map you will notice two sections that arenít quicksand on
the far left. Those two areas have switches on them and Link needs to trace
paths with his bombchus.
After hitting both switches, a large treasure chest
appears back on the right side of the room. Head back that way but the spikes
will be in your way once again. Trace a line across the quicksand and unleash
your boomerang or a bombchu to hit the switch.
- Pass the spikes and head on over to the large chest. Open it up to get the Boss
Key! There should be no more enemies in this area so slowly carry the boss key
to the bottom of the screen and head down the stairs. Use the key on the huge
lock to your left.
- These pillars look similar to the secret ones we saw earliar, but as the stone
statue at end says, there are no secrets to them. Head down the steps and
prepare for the temple boss. Smash the pots and acorns in this room to fill up
on hearts and bombchus. Then tap the stone tablet and it will create a blue
portal, allowing quick access to the temple entrance. Once you are ready for
battle head up through the door.
- Like always the door will shut behind you and across the quicksand is
Dongorongo, Armored Lizard.
|Temple Boss: Dongorongo, Armored Lizard
- Weaken with bombs, multiple hits to defeat.|
- You will notice that you cannot actually reach Dongorongo at first because of
the quicksand in the way.
However, our good friend Gongoron appears on the top
of the screen and wants to bring down the beast together. Switching between
Gongoron and Link is the same as before, just tap the button that appears. As
you are battling with Dongorongo at the top, eye slugs will periodically attack
Link at the bottom. Quickly switch on over and defeat the eye slugs.
- When controlling Gongoron, watch out for itís two main attacks. One is simply
dashing into the little Goron, and the other is shooting three balls of fire out
of its mouth. Avoid his attacks and try and hit Dongorongo from his side.
Hitting him from the front will do nothing because of his massive armor.
However, he becomes stunned for a split second. Once you get a chance, target
its side and do a jump attack to weaken Dongorongo.
Jump on him several times
until he is stunned on the floor. Then quickly switch back over to Link and
trace a bombchu right at the monsters mouth for huge blow. Switch back and forth
between Gongoron and Link and repeat this process until youíve nailed Dongorongo
with three bombchus.
- Once you do so, it will fall to the floor and a door will open up at the top of
the room. Gongoron heads through the door saying that the Pure Metal lies behind
A bridge appears near Link so he can reach the door as well. Cross the
bridge and make your way to the door, but wait! Dongorongo isnít finished yet!
- The beast stands back up, the bridge disappears, and the door shuts, trapping
Link in this enclosed area with the monster. A blue orb will stick out of
Dongorongo, revealing a weak spot. He is as more furious then ever now and will
shoot endless fire out of his mouth as he spins around the room.
He also walks more aggressively and the eye slugs around appear more frequently.
Dongorongo will get on its hind legs and try to suck Link towards him.
This is your chance,
pull out your bombs and toss them into dongorongoís mouth. They will explode and
it will fall on to its side. Run on over and slash at its blue circle on its
back over and over. Repeat this process several times until the monster has been
defeated for good.
- Use the button at the top of the screen to switch between Link and
Gongoron, you can only use one at a time. Try to avoid leaving your
unattended party member in quick sand. Ciela will warn you when Eye
Slugs get close to Link, switch quick, kill them, switch back.
- As Gongoron, use his jump attack on the boss's side while
avoiding fireballs. The best time to attack is right after he blows
fire and is about to roll. Dodge and as he zips past use the jump
attack. While he's stunned, switch to link, and use the Bombchus,
drawing a line across the quicksand into his mouth.
- When he falls over. Go across the bridge to commence the second
half of the battle, in which he's much faster.
- Now with only Link, avoid his fireballs and kill of the Eye Slugs
if you must. Wait until Dongorongo inhales deeply, about to breathe
lots of fire and throw a bomb into his mouth. Quickly, slash the
blue crystal on his back. Repeat.
- After it has been defeated, it will turn into flakes of sand. Link will pull out
the Phantom Hourglass and pull in two minutes of sand from his enemy. A large
treasure chest will appear, the door will open, and the bridge will also
re-appear. Head on over and open the treasure chest to get a heart container!
|Heart Container #9
- After defeating the boss of the Temple of Courage, Dongorongo, a treasure chest
will appear containing a full heart container.|
View Heart Containers Guide
- Head through the door and reunite with Gongoron. After some small talk between
Ciela and Gongoron, your Goron will present you with your first pure metal.
|New Item: Crimsonine
- This red gem is the first pure metal that Link receives. After defeating
Dongorongo in the Goron Temple, Link finds the Crimsonine on a pedestal.|
- Gongoron will take Link to visit his him and then walk off. A blue portal
appears so step right into it to be taken to just outside the temple.
Items: Treasure Map #18, Bombchu Bag
Heart Containers: #10
Gems: Courage Gem #11
- Back outside, lets head straight to the Goron Elder and talk to him about our
You can use the shortcut on the left side of the island. Upon arriving at
the house, you will see Gongoron by the Goron Elderís side. Speak to the Elder
and he will tell you the Crimsonine is yours to keep. He then tells you it has
come time for you to leave and returns the membership fee you paid, with
interest! He gives you a big red rupee that is worth 200 rupees. Leave the
elderís house and talk to the various Gorons on the island to see what they have
- Gongoron is sad to see you go and since he likes you so much as a friend, he
will soon be sending you a letter in the mail. The real good part about this
letter is that it comes with a courage gem!
|Courage Gem #11
- Given to Link shortly after he has defeated the Goron Temple. Gongoron sends the
letter, thanking Link for helping him defeat the monsters. You wonít get it
immediately after the temple, but will get it eventually.
View Courage Gems Guide
- Next, we want to head back into the Goron Island Maze at the top of the island.
Take the left hole and walk around the maze to get to that part where we saw a
switch, but couldnít reach it. Now that we have the bombchus, we can slide on
through the whole to trigger the switch. Do so and a treasure chest will appear
at top right corner of the island. Run on over and open the chest to get a
|New Item: Treasure Map #18
- This map shows the location of a sunken treasure in the southwest quadrant of
the Great Sea!
View Treasure Map Guide
- Before heading back to Linebeck and leaving the island, take another visit at
the shop at the bottom-left part of the island. You will find that the woman
here has a new item for sale, a bombchu bag. Shell out the 1,000 rupees so you
can carry more bombchus.
|New Item: Bombchu Bag
- After defeating the monsters at Goron Temple, the bombchu bag upgrades becomes
available. For 1,000 rupees, Link will not be able to carry 20 bombchus.|
- Now head on over to Linebeck and show off the nice treasure that youíve found.
Of course not interested for the pure metal, he just cares about the treasure.
Anyway, climb on board and set sail.
- If you have already purchased the quiver and bombchu bag upgrades at the various
shops, there is a brand new item waiting to be purchased, a heart container! It
costs an expensive 2,000 rupees, so if you need to head on over to Mercay Island
and sell some treasure or ship parts, do so. The heart container is actually for
sale on Mercay, Molida, or Goron Island. However, once you purchase it from one
of the stores, it will no longer be available elsewhere.
|Heart Container #10
||Mercay, Molida, or Goron Island Shops
- Can be purchased at various shops after Link has already bought the quiver and
bombchu bag upgrades. Be ready to shell out some serious cash as it costs 2,000
View Heart Containers Guide
- Head back over to Linebeck and set sail. Before progressing to the next island,
there are a few sunken treasures that we now can pull up.
||- Southeast Quadrant -
12 green rupees
||- Southeast Quadrant -
Northeast of Dee Ess Island
5 green rupees, 1 red rupee
||- Southwest Quadrant -
South of Cannon Island
9 green rupees
- With all of that out of the way, we can make your way to our next destination,
the Isle of Frost. Located at the northeast part of the southeast quadrant. Sail
on over and depending if youíve been here yet or not, it may be covered with
ice. If youíve already removed the ice, just dock at the island. If you have
not, just sail around the island and shoot down the ice block surrounding the
island to reveal the ship dock. Sail towards it and dock at the Isle of Frost.