There are a few upgrades you can get for your main weapon. Below is a quick list
of how to get them. These are also found throughout the
- Bring 100 Rupees to the Mountain Smithy in Mountain Village.
You must melt the furnace by using a Fire Arrow, Hot Spring Water, or
killing Goht (making it spring).|
- If you pay them 100 Rupees, they'll sharpen your sword, making it do
twice as much damage. It only lasts for 100 strikes though...
Upgrade: Razor Sword|
- By far, the coolest looking of all the swords in this game. This bad
daddy does twice the damage of your Kokiri Sword!
- Unfortunately, it's only as good as the money you put into it, and after
100 sword slashes, it will revert back back to its old form. =(
- There's a few steps to get this. It's easier done after you've already
completed the Snowhead Temple and saved.|
* Beat Goht (Snowhead Temple Boss) on the First Day or Night.
* Win at the Goron Races (Gold Dust) also on the First Day or Night.
* Forge your Kokiri Sword into the Razor Sword (Need 100 Rupees).
* Forge your Razor Sword into the Gilded Sword (Need Gold Dust).
Upgrade: Gilded Sword|
- Your Kokiri Sword will now do twice as much damage, and never dull!
- This is the second best Sword in the game, and it's most certainly worth
the trouble you went through to get it.
|Great Fairy Sword|
- The Great Fairy Sword is actually the reward for collecting all of the
Stray Fairies in the Stone Tower Temple. See the Stray Fairies or Walkthrough
sections for more information.|
New Item: Great Fairy Sword|
- The strongest sword in the game. Does four times as much damage as the
sword you start with. Unfortunately, it's an item, meaning you have to use it
with a (C) button. That and it has an awkward swing angle... All well...