- There are four masks in the game that change your form to a completely
different race. Below I have them listed in the order you get them.|
- Wear it with (C) to assume Deku form. Use (C) to change back.
- This allows you to interact with other Deku Scrubs, stun enemies, hop on
water, use flowers to fly, as well as shoot bubbles once you learn it from the
Great Fairy. Because you're made of wood, fire is your weakness in this
- To get it, you must get back your Ocarina of Time from Skull Kid and
speak with the Mask Salesman.
- Wear it with (C) to assume Goron form. Use (C) to change back.
- This allows you to interact with other Gorons, move heavy objects, roll, Goron
Stomp, walk on lava, and even punch with fists of fire.
- To get it, you must speak with the Spirit of Darmani who is waiting
outside the cave after you get the Lens of Truth. He will lead you back to the
Mountain Village and up a slope with invisible ladders. Climb up to the top and
enter his grave, then speak to him. He will beg you to heal is soul. Play the
Song of Healing to receive the mask.
- Wear it with (C) to assume Zora form. Use (C) to change back.
- This allows you to interact with other Zoras, swim incredibly fast, fight
underwater, use your fins as weapons, and even shoot them out like
- To get it, you must get Epona back from Romani Ranch and jump over the
wall leading to Great Bay from Termina Field. When you get there, you will see
something floating in the water. Help this Zora get back to shore by pushing him
and then hear his final song explaining the situation. Play the Song of Healing
to put the spirit of Mikau the guitarist into a mask.
Fierce Deity's Mask|
- Wear it with (C) to assume Fierce Deity form. Use (C) to change back.
- While wearing this mask, you look very much like your normal form, but older
and a lot stronger. Your sword is now two handed and does a significant amount
more damage. Also, while Z targeting, you can shoot beams at your enemies. The
catch is that it can only be used in Boss rooms.
- In the Japanese Version, people call him Oni Link. Oni is a Japanese word
roughly meaning "ogre demon". In English, this doesn't make too much sense and
is considered "evil" to call someone a demon, but it's really just to insinuate
power. Thus, in English, he is called Fierce Deity Link.
- To get it, you have to give all 20 normal masks to the kids on the Moon.
The last child, wearing Majora's Mask, will give you this mask because you have
no more left.
- There are twenty masks in the game that do something other than change
your form and each have a specific purpose. While most of them are rather
pointless, you need all of them in order to get the best mask in the game as
well as the full credits at the end.|
- The following is listed from left to right, going down.
- This mask allows you to get Rupees out of the Mailboxes around Clock Town.
The first time you check the Mailbox in East Clock Town near the exit, you will
get a Piece of a Heart.
- You get it during the Anju & Kafei Quest. See that section for more
- This mask has one use only: to listen to Anju's Grandmother's stories, which
normally make you fall asleep.
- Listen to the first story (Carnival of Time) and choose all the top answers to
receive a Piece of a Heart.
- Listen to the second story (Four Giants) and choose "I dunno" to receive
another Piece of a Heart.
- To get it, on the First Night at 12:00 AM, you have to stop Sakon the Thief
from stealing the Bomb Bags from the Old Lady, or else those will be at the
Curiosity Shop later.
- Then, on the Final Night at 10:00 PM, you can buy the All-Night Mask at the
Curiosity Shop for 500 Rupees.
- Wear this mask and press B to explode. Nothing else to it really. Use this
when you're out of Bombs.
- Hold R immediately after you press it to not take any damage!
- To get it, save the Old Lady in North Clock Town on the First Night at 12:00
AM from being robbed by Sakon the Thief. She'll give you this as a reward.
- Wear this to be ignored by guards that would normally throw you out, such as
those in the Deku Palace and the Pirates' Fortress.
- To get it, go to the road leading to Ikana Canyon and right before that cliff
where the one-eyed guy appears there's a circle of stones. Use the Lens of Truth
to see an invisible soldier named Shiro.
- Give him a Red Potion to heal him of his invisibility and he'll give you this
Great Fairy Mask|
- This mask will float and shimmer when there's a Stray Fairy in the room.
It will also make those Stray Fairies fly towards you unless they are trapped.
- You have to use this in order to put the Great Fairies back together.
- To get it, grab the Stray Fairy at either the Laundry Pool (day) or East
Clock Town (night) and bring it to the Fairy Fountain in North Clock Town in
your normal form.
- There are circles of bushes that will come to life when you attack one
of them. They are located in North Clock Town, Milk Road, and Mountain Village
- Attack one to make the Keaton appear, who will ask you five questions. See the
Keaton Questions section for more information.
- You get it during the Anju & Kafei Quest. See that section for more
- Wear this and press B to parade small animals around.
- You can use it at the chicken coop at Romani Ranch to make all of the ten baby
chicks grow up instantaneously one by one. Grog will reward you with the Bunny
- To get it, go to the Laundry Pool in Clock Town during the First or
Second Night and talk to Guru-Guru who is practicing there by himself. He will
talk about the past and give you the mask he stole because he doesn't need it
- Wear this to run twice as fast, thus, jump twice as far! This is
- Also, wear this while playing the Postman's Timing Game to see the timer for
the full 10 seconds.
- To get it, go to the chicken coop at the back of Romani Ranch and use
the Bremen Mask to parade the ten baby chicks around. If you get all of them,
they will one by one grow up. Once they are all finished, you will receive your
Mask of Scents|
- This mask allows you to see hidden mushrooms in the Mysterious Woods
next to the Magic Hag's Shop, right next to wear Koume get's beat up by Skull
- Bring them back to Kotake and she'll know hwo to make Blue Potions and the
first one is free!
- To get it, you must race the Butler in the Deku Shrine to the side of
the Deku Palace after you rescue the Princess. If you have the Bunny Hood, it'll
make things much easier.
- When you get to the end, the Butler will give you this mask as reward.
- Wear this to get into and buy milk at the Latte Milk Bar in Clock Town.
- To get it, save Romani Ranch from "Them" on the First Night from 1:00 AM
to 4:30 AM.
- Next, be at the ranch at 6:00 PM on the Second Night to hitch a ride with
Cremia to Clock Town. Along the way, you'll have to take a detour and defend the
cart against thieves (the Gorman Brothers in disguise).
- Cremia will thank you by giving you the Romani's Mask in thanks.
Circus Leader's Mask|
- This mask has one, simple use in the game. To cause the thieves (the
Gorman Brothers) to stay far away when chasing you and Cremia on the way to
Clock Town through Milk Road.
- To get it, go to the Latte Milk Bar during the First or Second Night and
play each part of the song for Toto the band leader of the Indigo-Go's in all
four forms. Gorman will cry and give you this mask in thanks.
- Wear this mask to ask people about Kafei. It's only used a couple times
in the Anju & Kafei Quest. See that section for more information.
- To get it, go to the Mayor's Residence on the First or Second Day and
enter the room on the right. Talk to Madame Aroma and accept her request to find
her missing son, Kafei.
- Wear this and talk to the people arguing in the Mayor's Office to make
them stop. Afterwards, talk to the Mayor by himself to receive a Piece of a
- To get it, complete the Anju & Kafei Quest. Go to that section to see
Mask of Truth|
- This mask allows you to read the minds of small animals (by picking them
up) and talk to Gossip Stones.
- To get it, you have to kill all the Skulltulas in the Skulltula House in
Southern Swamp. See the Skulltula House section for more information.
- Wear this and press B to dance.
- If you go to West Clock Town during the First or Second Night, you'll find the
Rosa Sisters practicing. Dance for them to get a Piece of a Heart.
- To get it, go northeast of the entrance to North Clock Town in Termina
Field and you'll see a pale, half naked man dancing atop one of the giant
mushrooms. Jump over to him and play the Song of Healing to get the mask.
- You look scary with this mask, even Gibdos think you're one of them!
- To get it, you have to fix the river in Ikana Canyon. Go to the cave
where to the east and play the Song of Storms to restore the well and start up
the Music Box House.
- Wait for Pamela to leave (you can lay a Bomb to make her get out earlier) and
go inside. Run downstairs and Pamela's Father will pop out of the wardrobe. Play
the Song of Healing to return things to normal and receive the this mask.
- This mask allows you to get into Ikana Canyon. In certain areas around
Ikana it will also cause Garos to appear. Defeat them in duels to get hints.
- To get it, you have to beat the Gorman Brothers in a race after you get
- Wear this to speak with and command the warriors of Ikana, the
- To get it, play the Sonata of Awakening to the giant skeleton built into
the wall near Dampé's house. Chase him down and kill him. Once he's defeated,
run up the trail and speak with him.
- He will then grant you the contents of the chest behind him. After he
disappears, jump to the other side using the Bunny Hood, the Zora Mask, or get
as close as you can and Hookshot to the chest. Open it for your prize.
- Wear this and become gigantic! It costs Magic to wear though, and can
only be used in the desert area you battle Twinmold in.
- You get it in the Stone Tower Temple before the boss battle.