0:03 The Poe Shop 1:37 How To Catch Big Poes 2:09 Big Poe #1 2:26 Turning In Big Poes 3:10 Big Poe #2 3:23 Big Poe #3 3:52 Big Poe #4 4:02 Big Poe #5 4:29 Big Poe #6 4:54 Big Poe #7 5:14 Big Poe #8 5:27 Big Poe #9, First Method 5:58 Big Poe #9, Second Method 6:16 Big Poe #10, First Method 6:42 Big Poe #10, Second Method 7:06 Genuine Ghost Hunter! 7:42 The Final Empty Bottle =D
- Right after beating the Forest Temple, you can go get the last bottle.
The things you need are the Fairy Bow and Epona. If you don't have the
latter, either check out our Epona Quest section or go to the Biggoron
Sword Quest section.
- On your way leaving the ruins of Hyrule Town is the old guardhouse,
which has been since changed into the Poe Shop. This gangly, one eyed, hooded
figure with a stick loves the spirits formed from the hatred in the world known
as Poes. He'll buy smaller ones that you bring him in bottles for a few Rupees.
There are ten large ones scattered throughout Hyrule Field though, and if you
catch all of them for him, he'll give you a little prize.
- First let me explain that they only appear when you walk over certain
spots. It's generally just a ring on the ground that once you enter, the Big
Poes will appear (in front of where you're facing). By running through these invisible rings on Epona, you can
whip out your Fairy Bow and shoot them as they run away from you. Two hits and
they'll fall down. Speak with them to put them in a bottle. You'll have to bring
them back to the Poe Shop repeatedly, seeing as you only have a few bottles, as obnoxious as that is.
Big Poe Locations
- Right at the entrance to the ruined bridge leading to what remains of
Hyrule Town is a sign. Passing by it will
cause the Poe to appear.
- At the entrance to Lon Lon Ranch is a tree. Pass by it (in particular
between it and the wall) to make the Poe appear.
- In the northwest (top left) corner of Hyrule Field are tons of little
black bushes next to a stream. One of the triggering locations for the Poe is
atop one of them. Find it, then run through it when you're ready.
- Between Lon Lon Ranch and the entrance to the Gerudo Valley area is a
tree all by itself. I find it easiest to face towards Hyrule Castle and run
along the right side of the tree.
- Near the entrance to Gerudo Valley, where the road forks right before
the ground color changes, stand on the ground between the road and the wall
(right side). The easiest way to catch this one is to face right and try to get
him to pass through the hole there. By far, the most frustrating one.
- In the south part of Hyrule Field, between Lake Hylia and Kokiri Forest
are tons of trees. Find the patch of bushes and run through them to make this
- In the same spot, there's a regular brown boulder waiting all by its
lonesome. The triggering spot to make the Poe appear is the tree directly south
of it. I suggest facing towards Lon Lon Ranch and running north, along the
tree's right side.
- Along the road between Kokiri Forest and Lon Lon Ranch is a silver
boulder. Stand at the top, inside of the "Y" shape of the road next to the boulder to make it
- Wait in the corner of the "V" shaped wall to the east of Lon Lon Ranch.
You can either stand on top of it and wait or run along side it below.
- Near the entrance to Kakariko Village, there's an overhang above the
stream. It's just this general area that makes it appear, so you can either wait
on top or run through the pillar supporting it alongside the stream. I find it
easier up top.
- For each Big Poe you turn in, you'll get a snazzy 50 Rupees, which is
pretty much worthless in this game. There's nothing big to save up your
money for in the long run other than refilling your quiver or buying back
tunics if you don't kill a Like Like fast enough. Anyway, after you've
turned in all ten, the Ghost Shop Owner will ecstatically ramble before
giving you the long awaited bottle. Doesn't it feel good to have them all?
Empty Bottle #4
Ghost Shop (Future)
The last of the four bottles, use it to hold things like Fairies and
Green Potion. It'll come in handy for the bosses ahead.