Flat is the youngest of the Composer Brothers, with his older brother being Sharp. As reoccurring characters in The Legend of Zelda series, Sharp and Flat appear as musically talented Poes. When they were living, they composed songs for the Royal Family of Hyrule and Ikana Royal Family.
Ocarina of Time
"I served the Ikana Royal family. I am the composer called Flat. "
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Flat is found in the Kakariko Village Graveyard along with his brother by reading a specific tombstone. Once Link attacks and defeats the duo, he and his brother give in and tell Link the story of their past. Sharp and his brother wrote the Sun's Song to honor the Royal Family. Thus their notes are hidden inside the Royal Family's Tomb.
In Majora's Mask, Flat had been locked up beneath Ikana Graveyard by his own brother who had been cursed. When Link frees him, he teaches Link the Song of Storms, which he had composed to help heal Sharp and return him back to normal.
- The Composer Brothers resemble the Nintendo characters Mario and Luigi. Sharp looks like Mario and Flat looks like Luigi.
- ↑ "Oh...Sharp, my dear brother." — Flat, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "I served the Ikana Royal family. I am the composer called Flat." — Flat, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Royal Composer Bros. Flat the Younger R.I.P." — Tombstone, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "This poem is dedicated to the memory of the dearly departed members of the Royal Family." — Dedication, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "The soul of the composer named Flat rests in Ikana Graveyard. I have heard his brother, Sharp is here in Ikana." — Garo, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Here is written the song that shall cleanse his cursed, black soul." — Flat, Majora's Mask.