- This article is about the character in Ocarina of Time. For the town in The Adventure of Link, see Town of Nabooru.
Nabooru is a character in Ocarina of Time. After Ganondorf, she is the leader of the desert tribe, the Gerudo. Although Nabooru is a Gerudo, she does not bow down to Ganondorf and rebels instead.
Sage of Spirit
Ocarina of Time
Link first encounters Nabooru as a child at the Desert Colossus. Nabooru asks Link to find a treasure, the Silver Gauntlets, located deep within the Spirit Temple.  However, after finding the gauntlets, Link witnesses Nabooru being sucked into a portal by the black magic of Ganondorf's surrogate mothers, Koume and Kotake (Twinrova).
Nabooru is next seen seven years later, when Link is an adult. She had been brainwashed and forced to serve Ganondorf in the form of an Iron Knuckle. Link defeats her and Nabooru is awakened from her brainwashed state; however, she is quickly vanquished by the magic of Koume and Kotake once again. Upon defeating the combined form of Koume & Kotake, known as Twinrova, Nabooru is awakened as the Sage of Spirit. After revealing herself, she compliments Link and bestows the Spirit Medallion unto him.
Nabooru assists the other Sages in sealing away Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm at the end of the game.
Many thousands of years later, she is still remembered by the Gerudo Champion Urbosa, and Divine Beast Vah Naboris is named in her honour.
Nabooru wears puffy, pink, genie-like pants; a tiny, bra-like shirt, a golden choker with a large diamond on it that hangs down to meet her shirt, pink gloves, and pointy shoes. She wears heavy makeup and wears her hair in a neat ponytail with a hair-tie which has a giant jewel attached. She has a sharp nose and, in her artwork, her eyes seldom open all the way.
N64 model of Nabooru from Ocarina of Time
Official artwork of Nabooru as an Iron Knuckle
Nabooru's first meeting with Link in Ocarina of Time 3D
The Twinrova witches resolve to brainwash Nabooru again (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "By the way... I really messed up... I was brainwashed by those old witches and used by Ganondorf to do his evil will... But isn't it funny? That a person like me could turn out to be the Sage of Spirit! And now, I'm going to fight them as one of the six Sages! Heh heh... I'm going to pay them back for what they did to me!" — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Nabooru of the Gerudo. I'm a lone wolf thief. But don't get me wrong! Though we're both thieves, I'm completely different from Ganondorf. With his followers, he stole from women and children, and he even killed people! A kid like you may not know this, but the Gerudo race consists only of women. Only one man is born every hundred years... Even though our laws say that lone male Gerudo must become King of the Gerudo, I'll never bow to such an evil man! By the way, what is your name, kid? Link?! What kind of name is that? Well...anyway..." — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I want to ask you a favor... Will you go through this tiny hole and get a treasure that's inside? The treasure is the Silver Gauntlets. If you equip them, you can easily push and pull very heavy things! No, no, no, kid! Don't even think about taking this treasure for yourself! The Silver Gauntlets won't fit a little kid like you if you try to equip them! I want you to be a good boy and give them to me! Ganondorf and his minions are using the Spirit Temple as a hideout. Only the Silver Gauntlets will allow me to sneak deep into the temple. Once there, I'm going to steal all the treasure inside and mess up their plans! How about it? Will you do it?" — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Thanks, kid! You and I, let's give Ganondorf and his followers a big surprise, shall we?" — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "If you can successfully get the Silver Gauntlets... I'll do something great for you!" — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Hey! Where are you taking me?!" — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Link! Get out of here! Now!" — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "These witches! They're using black magic on me!" — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Unnnh... Where am I...?" — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Well, well... Looks like she's back to normal... Koume..." — Kotake, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "She's just a little girl, but she commands a lot of respect among the Gerudo, Kotake..." — Koume, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Maybe we should make her work for the great Ganondorf for a little while longer! Ho ho ho!" — Kotake, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Then we should brainwash her again! Hee hee hee!" — Koume, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Kid, let me thank you. Heheheh...look what the little kid has become in the past seven years--a competent swordsman!" — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "If only I knew you would become such a handsome man... I should have kept the promise I made back then..." — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Kid... No... Link, the Hero of Time! Instead of keeping the promise I made back then, I give you this Medallion! Take it!" — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Nabooru... Legend of the Gerudo, celebrated over ages. And you, who were named to honor her—you are a legend as well. Isn't that right, Naboris?" — Urbosa, Breath of the Wild