The Mysterious Man is a character in A Link Between Worlds. He can be found in a cave in the north of the Skull Woods. When Link arrives, he initially mistakes him for a rescue party before realizing he is only a kid. He mocks Link for traveling out in the woods, explaining that he became lost because he was looking for adventure and "trunking" around in the trees and he has been trapped here ever since. However, he claims that he found an interesting treasure out in the woods and offers to sell it to Link for 888 Rupees. If Link accepts, the Mysterious Man scolds him briefly for trusting a stranger because that was how he got in his own situation. However, he still gives Link the Golden Bee, as long as he has an Empty Bottle to put it in.
Bouldering Guy (Hyrulean Counterpart)
The Mysterious Man appears to have some troubled history with love and money. When Link does not have enough money, he complains that money is the most important thing in the world, and he found that out the hard way. He mentions that he used to believe that love was all one needed, referencing his favorite song from when he was younger, "You're All the Rupees I Need", but no one seems to remember that. He also praises Link if he refuses to buy the unknown item for being cautious with his money.
- ↑ "So... they finally sent a rescue party, eh? Wait... you're no party – you're just a kid!" — Mysterious Man, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Yeah, I've been running crazy in these woods, running till I got dizzy. Trunking, I call it. I trunked and trunked 'round these trees until I finally lost my way. Been sitting here ever since." — Mysterious Man, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "But I found a great treasure in the woods. Maybe you'd care to take it off my hands...? It's a little something I picked up when I got stuck. I just decided to keep it. How's 888 Rupees sound? It's a steal of a deal." — Mysterious Man, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Really? You'd just buy an unknown thing and blindly trust some stranger like that?! You shouldn't be so trusting, man. That's how I got like this... except minus the whole buying part." — Mysterious Man, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "I can't sell it to you if you don't have an empty bottle, man... C'mon. Help me help you. That's too bad... If only there was some way you could suddenly make a bottle empty..." — Mysterious Man, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Aw, c'mon, man. You know you don't have enough Rupees. In the end, cold, hard currency is what matters the most. I found that out the hard way." — Mysterious Man, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "I used to think love was the most important thing in the world... When I was young, my favorite love song was a tune called "You're All the Rupees I Need." Nobody remembers that one... Shame." — Mysterious Man, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Nice call! Only a fool would buy an unknown item from a stranger! You're gonna turn out just fine, man. Just fine." — Mysterious Man, A Link Between Worlds