Link must navigate a long series of corridors in the Depths beneath Hyrule Castle riddled with enemies, and upon nearing the bottom, his Sage Powers get disabled. This terminates in the same location seen in the opening cinematic and the final boss battle with Ganondorf.
Once Link jumps off the ledge at the Sealing Chamber and lands on the platform below, war breaks out against The Demon King's Army. For each of the Regional Phenomenon (and Guidance from Ages Past) that Link has completed, their respective Sage will arrive as a reinforcement shortly into the battle (and, if at least one reinforcement arrived, remove a single Bokoblin in a scripted event as the fight begins), and as a result, re-enable their sage powers. After the last Moblin falls, Dungeon bosses begin to get summoned, in the order of Colgera -> Marbled Gohma -> Mucktorok -> Queen Gibdo -> Seized Construct, and Link must fight them if he did not already do so in their respective dungeons (if he did, then the respective Sage deals with them for Link). And lastly, if the fixed Phantom Ganon encounter in Hyrule Castle's Sanctum was not defeated, then 2 waves of 5 Phantom Ganons each must be fought. Only after all these battles are over will the barrier shatter and a path to Ganondorf be made available.
The battle with Ganondorf has three phases. At the end of the second phase he eats his Secret Stone and becomes the Demon Dragon. The Light Dragon appears and assists Link for this aerial phase of the battle. Link must destroy four pods of eyes on the back of the Demon Dragon, then destroy the Secret Stone on its forehead. After this Ganondorf explodes in a column of light. A cinematic occurs in which ghost versions of Rauru and Sonia appear and assist Link, turning the Light Dragon back into Zelda, then disappear. Link falls through the air as the player resumes control and must dive to catch Zelda. The pair dives into a body of water, then Zelda awakens in a field of grass. She observes that Link is present holding the Master Sword, surmises that the Demon King is dead, and is surprised to find that she has reverted from her Dragon form. The Find Princess Zelda quest is marked as complete before the credits roll.
The Destroy Ganondorf quest is given to Link by Purah at the Lookout Landing, but only after completing the Crisis at Hyrule Castle, the Find the Fifth Sage, and the Recovering the Hero's Sword main quests.
This assumes that you have finished all four Regional Phenomena quests and Crisis at Hyrule Castle. If you haven't there will be additional work before facing Ganondorf as you'll need to finish the boss fights for each of those.
- Drop down into Hyrule Castle Chasm. You can activate Camobatures Lightroot on the way down.
- Traverse down to Gloom's Lair.
- Head towards where the Like Likes are. Drop down, and climb up the two ledges with no gloom on them straight ahead, avoiding the Horriblins.
- Drop down into the next room, avoiding or fighting some Keese and a Lynel. Ascend up the platform on the left side of the room.
- Walk forward and fall down with the collapsing floor. Follow the light into the next room, and use Recall to ride one of the big stone chunks up.
- Run past the bomb-able chunks of rock and take a left when you get to the fork, towards the three Ice Like Likes. Fight or dodge all of them.
- There is more collapsible floor, or just jump down in this section. You will lose access to the sages at the bottom.
- Run towards where there is a Moblin up on a ledge. Try to avoid hitting the floor, which will spawn a Gloom Spawn. Get up on the ledge, and take a left in front of the bomb-able wall.
- Head down the tunnel, where there will be a Bokoblin and then a handful of Gibdo. Defeat or dodge them to continue.
- Bomb/break open the blocked doorway and continue. This will drop you into the mural room from the opening of the game. Go right and bomb/break open the doorway to continue.
- At the end of this tunnel is the Imprisoning Chamber. Dive down into Gloom's Lair. Follow the path (it's reasonably free of gloom and shouldn't be hard to spot) out. There is a ledge at the end that is a great place to drop a Travel Medallion if you want to go prep some more.
- Jump down to start the next phase.
- Fight The Demon King's Army with help from the sages. There are four waves, of Bokoblin, Lizalfos, Gibdo, and Moblin. After each section is cleared the next will spawn.
- If missing Regional Phenomena or the Phantom Ganon fight from Crisis at Hyrule Castle, you'll have to fight the bosses here. Otherwise the sages will handle them for you. They'll catch up with you during the Ganondorf fight.
- Link will end up in a new tunnel, Gloom's Origin. Run to the end to start the fight.
- Throughout the battle Link will take Gloom damage that eventually reduces his max hearts. Come prepared with plenty of Sundelion-based food.
- The Master Sword will not run out of energy, and will be recharged if you used it up in the previous fights.
- Critical to the first two phases of the fight: Ganondorf also knows how to do a Perfect Dodge, which makes just whaling on him with a weapon difficult, but not impossible.
- Demon King Ganondorf, The Menace Unleashed. Just Ganondorf by himself right now. Using Flurry Rush here will make things go quickly.
- Demon King Ganondorf, Master of the Secret Stone. Ganondorf now has...a lot of health and several phantom copies. The Sages will return to help you in this phase.
- His dodging ability will become extra prominent, so if you're not good at activating a Flurry Rush, be patient and try and get in close when he switches weapons to do damage. This fight is possible without ever using any of Link's special fighting abilities, it just will take a little longer.
- Halfway down his health bar Ganondorf will recall all the Phantom versions and use them to start launching gloom at you. There are two modes: it'll either launch and chase Link (run away), or spawn in a circle around Link (run out of the circle before it closes on him).
- Demon Dragon Draconified Demon King . Ganondorf will swallow his sacred stone and become the Demon Dragon. The fight will move outside of the Depths and into the sky. Zelda (dragon form) will show up to help.
- Ride Zelda's head up high, then drop down onto one of the four glowing spots on the Demon Dragon's back. Destroy it, then drop down onto Zelda's head to repeat. Avoid getting hit by the Demon Dragon's tail or its gloom projectiles.
- The final target is on the Demon Dragon's head. Destroy it, then follow the on-screen prompt to strike the final blow.
- Once Ganon is defeated, Zelda will revert back from her dragon form. Follow the prompts on-screen to dive after her (R), reach for her (A), and catch her (hold A). You'll fall into a pond and the final cutscene will play.
|Wind, Fire, Water, Lightning, and Spirit. The five sages have awakened and entrusted you with their power. You still don't know where Demon King Ganondorf is, but Purah says she suspects the Depths. If you work with Josha, who has been investigating the Depths, you might gain a lead.
|Wind, Fire, Water, Lightning, and Spirit. The five sages have awakened and entrusted you with their power. You also determined the Demon King's location during The Depths investigation. All that's left now is to head to the deepest area of the Depths beneath Hyrule Castle and defeat Demon King Ganondorf.