- This article is about the item in The Wind Waker. For the material in Hyrule Warriors games, see Pirate's Charm (Hyrule Warriors).
The Pirate's Charm is an item from The Wind Waker. It was crafted by the King of Hyrule, Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, from ancient Gossip Stones, and was entrusted to Princess Zelda. First known as the Royal Amulet, it was used by the Royal Family of Hyrule to communicate with each other. It has passed through their lineage as an important inheritance.
Allows Tetra and King of Red Lions to speak with Link
Tetra gives the charm to Link just before he infiltrates the Forsaken Fortress. During the Endless Night, after Link acquires the Bombs from Niko, Tetra will contact Link through the Pirate's Charm. She suggests searching for Jabun in a cave behind Outset Island, but Link will need to break down the door. Tetra gives Link a head start in the race for Jabun's Treasure, saying that the pirates are setting sail in the morning, but if Link gets their tonight, it's all his.
Tetra has the ability to see everything that Link does while he uses it, as well as speak with him and give him advice. Later, the King of Red Lions uses it to speak with Link as well. These characters at times give Link advice during dungeons, making the charm comparable to previous companions like Navi.
Game Model from The Wind Waker
- ↑ "That stone is an enhanced version of the Gossip Stones long spoken of in the legends of the Hyrulian Royal Family. I am the one who made it." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "This necklace you wear is part of a sacred treasure called the Triforce of Wisdom, which has been passed down for many ages within the royal family of Hyrule." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Heh heh... I slipped this stone into your pocket just before we fired you over there. It's no ordinary stone, either. I can see what you're doing through this stone, and obviously you can hear me through it. So...if you see [flashing icon], you'd better press that button! I've put the stone on your Quest Status screen. Press START and use [L] or [R] to scroll around. It's pretty basic. Hey, but listen carefully! I need this back after you save your sister, so don't go losing it, you understand?!" — Tetra, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "That's mighty courageous of you...trying to steal treasure from pirates. I suppose I should be shocked...but I'm more amazed that you managed to survive after being tossed out of that tower... From the look on your face, I have to guess you haven't saved your sister yet, huh? You don't give things much thought, do you? You just rush in, never thinking how badly things could go for you. Like just now... The only reason you got what you did was because we left a simple-minded little rat like Niko behind to look after things. No one else would have parted with our treasure so easily, I assure you! And just how do you intend to use those bombs, anyway? Don't tell me you're going after Jabun's treasure, too... Right now, Jabun is hiding in a cave at the back of the island you were born on. But the entrance is blocked by a giant stone doorway. You can't get in without breaking down the door. We're going to relax in town and eat our fill of whatever this town has to offer, but we'll be leaving for Outset first thing in the morning. If you manage to find Jabun tonight, then I guess you win. But if you take too long, we'll come sailing right by you tomorrow morning! And believe me, you didn't get ALL of our bombs. You'd better be quick, kid!" — Tetra, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Your mother passed this down to you and instructed you to treasure it...and to guard it with your life. Am I not correct?" — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, The Wind Waker.