• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Ok, a lot has happened since my last post. The cop and the doctor are both nightkilled. That leaves the fate of the town in our hands. We can't rely on either of them now. Ok people, we better get scum hunting! There are only 8 players left alive. 3 of them are Mafia, 5 are townies. The Mafia only need I guess 2 or 3 days to win this game if none of the lynches are Mafia, so we need to be really careful of who we choose. We've only got a few lynches, so we need to use them wisely.

Vote: Rishian
I'm suspicious of you. 3 out of 7 chance I'm correct.

Care to explain your suspicions? It's really strange how you'll suddenly come up like that and accuse someone - vote someone without any explanation.

IGMEOY HoT

It's only an IGMEOY. I won't put an FoS for something as small as this. It has happened many times before with other people.

Ok, I'll see if I can find anything suspicious on what happened last day. It was rather a quick lynch. Not much was going on, just a lot of bandwagoning, so I might look further on too.

Ok, a lot has happened since my last post. The cop and the doctor are both nightkilled. That leaves the fate of the town in our hands. We can't rely on either of them now. Ok people, we better get scum hunting! There are only 8 players left alive. 3 of them are Mafia, 5 are townies. The Mafia only need I guess 2 or 3 days to win this game if none of the lynches are Mafia, so we need to be really careful of who we choose. We've only got a few lynches, so we need to use them wisely.

Care to explain your suspicions? It's really strange how you'll suddenly come up like that and accuse someone - vote someone without any explanation.

IGMEOY HoT

It's only an IGMEOY. I won't put an FoS for something as small as this. It has happened many times before with other people.

Ok, I'll see if I can find anything suspicious on what happened last day. It was rather a quick lynch. Not much was going on, just a lot of bandwagoning, so I might look further on too.

Ok, nobody posted yet, so:

EBWODP

There have been a few players (myself included) who have had more than their fair share of say in this game. My prediction is that the mafia are going to start picking the power players off and then encourage the remaining townies to lynch the other. There's a decent chance I'm going to die tonight, so it is time to start looking to the craftier, sneakier players. Probably not those who are lurking but those who are semi-active. Niten* and jedizora are names that come to mind, but we need to go back and look through the posts to see who has been trying to confuse the town.

So jd was suspicious of 2 people during Day 3; Ninten* and jedizora. Right now, I am suspicious of jedizora.

Well, its my first post. Not much to say, as almost everyone has only made one post.

There hasn't been much going on. I've reading previousy mafia games and Although I thik that Random votings are scummy, sometimes townies do it, like linkbros in mafia 4. I'll leave it as This: FoS: Kokirion.

You seem alttle quick to judge on this game, jdenicholls. I'm not to worryed about you, but igmeoy: jdenicholls

Oh, I suppose I really wasn't thinking my reasoning threw. Again there is virtually no reason for me to suspect anyone as mafia. But At the same time I still have my suspisoins, but They can wait.

Well nI'm back. I am going to take a while to read throw the posts, just didn't want to be modkilled for inactivty.

I'm back. Its to late to vote, as it seems raindrop14 shall be killed unless everone changes there minds before posting.

Well jdenicholls, how exactly is being semi-active a mafia tactic?

Basically, your jumping on the bandwagon, as you have little to no evidence for him, and I find that a bit of a scum-tell. FoS: jdenicholls.

He does know its been 3 days from the deadline, right?

I think his posts speak for themselves, but I’ll state my suspicions still. Right now, jed seems like one of those lurkers. He’s also been constantly accusing jd throughout the game, and his posts contain nothing much at all. Mafia would probably try to make enough posts to not be modkilled, but at the same time, not accuse someone too heavily, and not to grab other’s attention, and that’s basically what jed is doing. To hunt out the Mafia, you have to think like that Mafia ;)

FoS: jedizora

I won’t go as far and vote him. We have a lot of time, and need to choose our votes really carefully.

Coming to think of it, HoT has also been making me suspicious. I don’t care if he’s following his meta, but that meta is really safe for you no matter if you’re Mafia or any other role. Staying low and saying that’s how you always play games makes it harder for us to analyze you, and that’s dangerous since we can’t tell if you’re Mafia or not. If you’re a townie, then prove it by posting more. The only reason you’ll ever lurk is if you’re Mafia (or pro town, but we know that you aren’t pro town.)

IGMEOY: HoT

I know, there are lots of other lurkers. This game is full of them, but for some reason, HoT stands out the most to me.

EBWODP

Ignore the repeated part -.-

EBWODP

Ok... I didn't edit that...

Last edited:

green goron

Best of the Gorons

IGMEOY HoT

IGMEOY HoT

Ok, nobody posted yet, so:

EBWODP

So jd was suspicious of 2 people during Day 3; Ninten* and jedizora. Right now, I am suspicious of jedizora.

I think his posts speak for themselves, but I’ll state my suspicions still. Right now, jed seems like one of those lurkers. He’s also been constantly accusing jd throughout the game, and his posts contain nothing much at all. Mafia would probably try to make enough posts to not be modkilled, but at the same time, not accuse someone too heavily, and not to grab other’s attention, and that’s basically what jed is doing. To hunt out the Mafia, you have to think like that Mafia ;)

FoS: jedizora

I won’t go as far and vote him. We have a lot of time, and need to choose our votes really carefully.

Coming to think of it, HoT has also been making me suspicious. I don’t care if he’s following his meta, but that meta is really safe for you no matter if you’re Mafia or any other role. Staying low and saying that’s how you always play games makes it harder for us to analyze you, and that’s dangerous since we can’t tell if you’re Mafia or not. If you’re a townie, then prove it by posting more. The only reason you’ll ever lurk is if you’re Mafia (or pro town, but we know that you aren’t pro town.)

IGMEOY: HoT

I know, there are lots of other lurkers. This game is full of them, but for some reason, HoT stands out the most to me.

EBWODP

Ignore the repeated part -.-

EBWODP

Ok... I didn't edit that...

Well you beat me to the punch. Jden singled out jedizora and Ninten* and it's pssible he invesigated and they turned out mafia. He also said to watch for semi-active people so I'll check on that later. HoT always plays like this so it could be the perfect cover-up.
FoS:jedizora
IGMEOY:Ninten* and HoT
jedi and jden had an argument so he is a little suspicious. I won't vote yet since we have a week.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
If you guys fail to lynch Mafia today, it's game over.
Don't mess up. Take all the time you need. Pressure players. And don't be afraid to vote.

Jedizora

:right:
I had seriously thought that jedenichollus was mafia. How could I have known he was a cop? Remember, this is my first game of mafia. I(and others) Are bound to make mistakes. I accused the docter. That doesn't mean I'm mafia. We lynch a townie today, and a vigalntee doesn't take care of a mafia scum tonight, or doesn't get rolblocked ect. Then we're finsihed, asI doubt that the mafia will take the night off.

I had seriously thought that jedenichollus was mafia. How could I have known he was a cop? Remember, this is my first game of mafia. I(and others) Are bound to make mistakes. I accused the docter. That doesn't mean I'm mafia. We lynch a townie today, and a vigalntee doesn't take care of a mafia scum tonight, or doesn't get rolblocked ect. Then we're finsihed, asI doubt that the mafia will take the night off.

Friendly Note from your mentor... This is an open set up game... there was 1 cop, 1 doctor, 1 godfather, and 2 regular scum... Seeing as the Doctor and Cop are gone, that leaves ONLY SCUM that have special roles.

There is no vig, there is no roleblocker.

If you guys fail to lynch Mafia today, it's game over.
Don't mess up. Take all the time you need. Pressure players. And don't be afraid to vote.
As Viral said, it will be mathematically impossible for you to pull a town victory if a Mafia member does not die today. As he said, be careful but don't avoid voting. Pressuring, as he said, is good advice because if you pressure someone with accusations or even a vote without the full intention to lynch, you can glean information from their reaction. ;)

Jedizora

I do find it strange that you seem to think that I knew jden was the cop. As far as I know, mafia don't know the specific role of anyone other then mafia. Also he was supicios of kybrian. I know that someone was a naive cop in mafia 4, where they saw everyone as innocent. There could be a oppistit, seeing evryone as guilty. Could he have seen me a kybrian as guilty evn though we were inncoent. I doubt it, seeing as how this is beginners mafia, but Its always a possiblity.

Magatha

Magatha
Now our cop is dead too. And another townie. Well now there are still 3 scum, five not scum. We have to eliminate a mafia today, or we will be dead.
I think that Jedi is just a newbie townie, but he might not be since Jdenicholls was the cop and suspicious of him.
I really don't know what to think yet, but we really can't afford to lose any more beginner townies.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I think this kind of thing happened in Mafia 4. Sasuke made a ton of mistakes and he said that they were all newbie mistakes. He turned out to be a scum. Jedizora could be a scum to. This is Day 4 right? Then this is the time where people shouldn't really be making newbie mistakes.

Jedizora also seems to be a semi-active player, so

Fos: Jedizora

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I'm still waiting for HOT to point out why they voted for me without any evidence. Seems to me like it could be a newbie mistake, but I'm not sure on that point. Although there is a good arguement building against Jedi, I will only
IGMEOY: Jedi
but contuine with my
FOS: HOT

Jedizora

I think this kind of thing happened in Mafia 4. Sasuke made a ton of mistakes and he said that they were all newbie mistakes. He turned out to be a scum. Jedizora could be a scum to. This is Day 4 right? Then this is the time where people shouldn't really be making newbie mistakes.

Jedizora also seems to be a semi-active player, so

Fos: Jedizora

I still don't see how being semi-active means that i'm scum. The fact that I have a life and sometimes leave my profile on mean that I'm a scum?

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Time for my big analysis
So because I'm pointing out things, and trying to get people to post more so we have more evidence I'm suspicious?

Well, alright, you can believe what you will, I know nothing I say will cause you to not be suspicious of me. However, I am going to have to agree with some of the others in this game at this point..

I'm so sorry,
VOTE: Kokirion

He votes because he agrees with others and doesn't think for himself.

I agree with Axle.
So far the evidence points at TheTruth, so I am going to vote.
VOTE: THETRUTH

Again just agrees with others and doesn't think it out for himself.

I still don't see how being semi-active means that i'm scum. The fact that I have a life and sometimes leave my profile on mean that I'm a scum?

Semi-active is suspicious because mafia don't want to be too active but if they are inactive then they will be suspicious as well.

I do find it strange that you seem to think that I knew jden was the cop. As far as I know, mafia don't know the specific role of anyone other then mafia. Also he was supicios of kybrian. I know that someone was a naive cop in mafia 4, where they saw everyone as innocent. There could be a oppistit, seeing evryone as guilty. Could he have seen me a kybrian as guilty evn though we were inncoent. I doubt it, seeing as how this is beginners mafia, but Its always a possiblity.

I'm pretty sure he was a regular cop. Also his last post that he posted in this game said that he knew he was going to die but said he believes Ky is innocent.

At this point in the game mistakes can no longer be put down to being new at the game.

Kokirion seems quite scummy. However if he is a townie, we lost a very good scumhunter. But there is plenty of people that can hunt for scum so it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Vote: kokirion

You vote with no evidence and think he is townie but you don't speak your mind being afraid of people accusing you. If no one starts something we would get NOWHERE.

Vote: Raindrop

It goes against my views on day one, but with kokirion as a townie it changes. The evidence is there as shown by others. Even if she is just a noob townie, she is of no use to us. And if she is mafia, great! All she is doing is poorly defending herself in order to stay alive.

Voted because koki RVS her and turned out townie. It's an RVS because he doesn't know who's townie. You defend Raindrop in Day 1 and vote in Day 2. A mafia would defend someone who was going to be lynched because they know there are townie. Then if they know they can vote off a townie they do it.

Unvote: Raindrop14

Vote: No Lynch

We can't lose another townie with this few players.

Then you go for a no lynch. No lynch is never good.

I agree with you Jden, but it seems that everyone in this game is semi-active. I might come back with a suspicion later.

Not everyone is semi-active. Jden was active and was our best scum hunter so they killed him. People hid in the shadows to cover themselves up.

Vote: TheTruth

Hasn't defended himself well and doesn't seem willing to help the town in any way.

Just because he didn't defend himself well.

RVS at this stage is plain dumb. I agree he looks suspicious but that is not a good way to roll.

I find all 3 of you suspicious and don't know who to vote for so I'll analysize and be back with a vote.
FoS:Rishian, jedizora, and HoT

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Day 4 has just started and the suspicions are high. Right now I'm suspicious of Rishian. Here's why:

I agree with Axle.
So far the evidence points at TheTruth, so I am going to vote.
VOTE: THETRUTH

Well, alright, you can believe what you will, I know nothing I say will cause you to not be suspicious of me. However, I am going to have to agree with some of the others in this game at this point..

I'm so sorry,
VOTE: Kokirion

Just jumping on the bandwagon. Just going along with whoever had to most votes. Plus, you apologized for voting. If you were going to be so sad about it, then why do it in the first place? I know about the Guild Wars thing, but why the vote?
Hmmmm... well hello everyone. I'm going to be replacing Soldier of Link. I've been reading through some of the posts written by people.. and right now I'm not entirely sure who to vote for. But I do know this, IGMEOY: Raindrop14
Here he starts of the game with an IGMEOY with absolutely no evidence. Someone notices this and asks why. Your response is:
I'm a firm believer in the idea that most of the time it's the quiet ones you've really got to watch for. However, because I don't have any more evidence then that, that is why I only used an IGMEOY instead of a FOS or even a VOTE.

My IGMEOY Raindrop14 stands.
That's not evidence. It's more like a personal philosophy if you ask me.

The IGMEOY was just to get people talking and also because I truly did have my eye on him/her?

Overall, I'm still waiting for any large scale plays that will help me identify scum members.
Here you say that you were suspicious on RD just to get others talking and that you're waiting for the rest of us to vote, meaning you're letting others risk their butts so you won't have to.
*Looks around at everyone*
We need to make sure we all vote for SOMEBODY, otherwise the Scum will just all band together and vote one of us! At least if we all vote, we have a chance, even if we don't all agree on who is scum and who isn't...
It sounds like you are encouraging activity, but the the way it's written makes me think you're saying, "Hey everyone, make more votes so I can agree with you and don't have to risk myself." If you want people to vote why don't you actually do something useful.
Thats true, jd, but normally the first night is almost always purely a "Random Vote Stage" (RVS) in order to get people playing. I guess that this time kokirion is being voted because most of the newer players don't understand what an RVS is.

I'm sure the second day will have a lot more in store for us in the way of evidence on who is truely scum, and who isn't.
It was more than just that if you read the posts of the people that voted.
Hey guys, I'm back. It sucks that we are down 2 townies... we had better start figuring out people here otherwise we are going to be in a bit of trouble.
I am looking at people who are saying things that don't fit, and am trying to decide who to vote for next..
You say you're looking for people, but so far the only reasons you have accused anyone is through a philosophy and jumping on the bandwagon.
I just meant by "I agree with Axle" that there was not enough discussion going on, and that people need to start talking otherwise we're not going to get anywhere. Also I voted that way in order to stir some talk
Again, you try to encourage discussion by jumping on the bandwagon. I see you're still trying to avoid making "big plays."
I'm suspicious? Really? I'd like to know your reasoning behind that.
FOS: HOT because you are accusing me without any evidence.
You've been doing the same thing throughout the game.

You are either:
1. Lazy Townie
2. Pro-Town [X]
3. An Inexperienced Player (Could be on either side)
4. A Dodgy Mafia

IGMEOY: Rishian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom