• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er...what? I don't actually understand this...at all...what does it mean by "WHAT?????!!!!!!!, i dindnt man to edit. PLEASE DON"T MOD-KILL ME, illl never do it again"? And then the last bit? I understand you being new to this, but really. This is a bit over the top.
She wasn't trying to edit, but had her posts fused by the board when she double posted, so she was freaking out.

I see a few people have mentioned my stance on lynching disruptive townies. I'll say a few things on that subject about this game in particular... First, that is my strategy, not one that's approved of by everyone (as evidenced in Mafia 4). I would defend it if it got challenged but it is a somewhat controversial technique, and can be employed by either Mafia or Townie alike.

Another thing is that the strategy tends to come down to killing newbies. Not always, but a lot of the time. The players who make the mistakes to be targeted by the strategy are usually new to the game to begin with. As such, given that this is a newbie game... expect to be killing just about everyone if you employ that tactic seriously. I'm particularly throwing that out there for players that are slightly more experienced.

This doesn't bar it as a legitimate thing though. Especially on the first day, sometimes your options are limited. That's the entire reason (I believe) why random voting is such a common first-day tactic. Other tactics are to kill people who just seem weird. Sometimes you'll come down to it anyway.

My overall point is: It's still a legitimate tactic, but given the game we're in, pay attention to context.

*Cough* The Truth is male. Probably appropriate to refer to him as a he *Cough*
Oops. I thought I saw (but can't specifically recall seeing) someone call him a she, so I went with it. Apologies.

Also, IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION! Rishian will be replacing Soldier of Link.

--Vote Tally--
Raindrop14: 1 (kokirion)
kokirion: 1 (TheTruth)

8 votes needed for a Majority Lynch. Day ends on the 16th.

(Remember to use the proper voting format mentioned in the rules in the first post. Your votes and unvotes won't count if you don't.)

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Axle, is it an idea that everyone needs to post at least once every 48 hours? (to keep the game active) If they didn't post, then you send them a prod (a warning that they have to post) and then they have another 24 hours. If they didn't post in those 24 hours, you replace them.

@Zelda, Viral Maze's explenation about "meta" was quite good. I only have one thing to complement, (to summarize it in a few words). Meta means "manipulating by playstile". example: Raindrop hasn't posted yet, she could be able to act like she hasn't seen the thread yet, to jump in when my RVS vote is already gone. Or: TheTruth may have played over 6 Mafia games, and she tries to act like she is new but in reality she is a very experienced player.
Meta doesn't have to be mafia, there are a lot of Meta's used by the town.
example: In another Mafia game I had an important townie role. I didn't have special skills but I was sort of the core of all the power in the game, it was very important that I had to survive. But the problem was that many people were searching for me..
In the beginning of the game, the game mod posted an image of my character wich was sort of captured. And everyone said like, "what have you done to XXXX?"
I took my advantage from this, I said "Who is that XXXX"? Even the mod thought that I really didn't know, he pm'd me with something like "YOU are XXXX :P". So everyone fell for my trap, I used a meta to claim that I wasn't her.
A meta isn't always something for scum, it depends on how you use it.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Okay, okay. I will lower TheTruth's case...but only in the edit quote. It just seemed confusing.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
Hmmmm... well hello everyone. I'm going to be replacing Soldier of Link. I've been reading through some of the posts written by people.. and right now I'm not entirely sure who to vote for. But I do know this, IGMEOY: Raindrop14

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hmmmm... well hello everyone. I'm going to be replacing Soldier of Link. I've been reading through some of the posts written by people.. and right now I'm not entirely sure who to vote for. But I do know this, IGMEOY: Raindrop14

Why so? Raindrop only posted once with nothing suspicious...so why do you have your eye on them?

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I'm a firm believer in the idea that most of the time it's the quiet ones you've really got to watch for. However, because I don't have any more evidence then that, that is why I only used an IGMEOY instead of a FOS or even a VOTE.

Becuase I just got tossed into this game today, I don't have as much evidence as I would like. But I'm hoping over the course of the next day or so I should have an idea of who to vote for.

My IGMEOY Raindrop14 stands.

To be fair this games barely started, you're more or less in the same boat as us. The trouble with your theory is that we could just end up lynching a bunch of random lurkers. Out of three people there is a good chance one of them is in the background at the moment, but I'll wait for anything suspicious before I start pointing fingers.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Don't make the mistake I did and don't forget that this game is a beginner's game. Not posting for a few pages only generated in 2 days shouldn't really be deemed overly suspicious.

Axle, may be a good idea to edit the first post with some common terms?

For the time being:
IGMEOY = I've Got My Eye On You; lowest level of suspicion, something about the person has made you want to keep a watch on them specifically
FoS = Finger of Suspicion; A bit higher than IGMEOY, usually means you are considering placing a vote, but haven't made up your mind yet

Also Scum=Mafia, just in case you were wondering, the terms are interchangeable.

I think this whole Raindrop thing is silly. It all started because of an RVS from someone who voted because they hadn't seen him before.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
^Exactly. This is a beginner's game, and not everybody will be able to post on a day-to-day basis. Not many have things to be able to say either. So just because people RvSed someone, doesn't mean that you should that everyone should vote for that same player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom