• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Hero of Time - lurking, only made one (or 2) post(s), while he has all the time to react (he's quite an active forum member).

That's how I am in real life. I don't talk a lot. Sometimes my friends will be having a conversation and I'll realize that I haven't talked in 5 minutes:P And those who have played with me in a past mafia can tell you I do that. (Of course it always gets me killed later on:()

Rishian

The Meat Shield
The IGMEOY was just to get people talking and also because I truly did have my eye on him/her?

Overall, I'm still waiting for any large scale plays that will help me identify scum members.

Just to let everyone know that in about a week (Feb 19-25) I will be gone to beautiful LAS VEGAS! *JOY!* for my first real vacation! (Din is jumping with excitement!)
So please don't let my lack of posting during this time seem like scum behaviour. Our game mod Axle already knows about this, so hopefully it won't be a problem!

Kybyrian

- Kybyrian - lurking

Sorry, bro. Haven't been paying attention to this game. Nor the other game, for that matter.

Anyway, I'm sad to say I haven't read any of the posts of this day... nor do I really plan on doing so. Just scanning the thread for my name.

Just so you know, lurking never gives away somebody. It can be a townie behavior just as much as a mafia behavior. Don't slip up and lynch somebody because of lurking. Gotta have more than that. If they really lurk, they'll be mod killed. If they're dodging around... different story. I'm gonna go ahead and at least try to read the past few pages and then add in my suspicions.

EBWODP...

I didn't get crap out of that quick read.

okay lynches
- Raindrop

How is raindrop an okay lynch? Is it okay to lynch somebody who has shown little evidence to prove that they are scum? Is it perfectly okay to lynch somebody because you don't know who it is and you figure it's best to "go with the flow" because we have a 22% chance of lynching mafia if we randomly decide?

Let me tell you that you're not going to help anything by voting off Raindrop with no evidence. Right now you have a better chance of being scum than our friend Raindrop over here, and that's because he's an okay lynch to you. Seems you don't care what he flips up as... just go ahead and vote him off, we got a 1/5 chance of him being Mafia, right? Poor logic, my friend. But, of course, scum such as yourself wouldn't care if he turned up to be a townie, would you?

FoS: kokirion

Rishian

The Meat Shield
OOoooo! There was a definate call out on that one by Ky!

So.. the real question is, is Ky right about Kokirion? Or is this a clever ploy by one scum member to protect another?
I'm so confused right now *Dizzy!*
I need more evidence for both sides before I can make any decisions right now.

Ky makes some good points about lurking, but jumping to the defense of another person without knowing much can be a sign of scum as well..

IGMEOY: Kokirion, Ky, and RainDrop

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I'm not exactly sure on what to think about kokirion's suspicions. Most of it's based off of activity. This is only a beginner game. Most of the players can't find any suspicious activity. Soldier of Link isn't here anymore, so I'm not sure if he's reading all the posts. Plus, if you think SoL is a townie, why are you in the dark about Rishian, and what is so great about giving an IGMEOY for Raindrop being quiet.
IGMEOY: kokirion.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
they are reposting them to show everyone what they mean/or what they are referring to.

My temporary reads:

Town
-TheThruth - way to active to be real scum, inexperienced and makes a lot of mistakes. If she was Mafia, then the other Mafia goons would've probably asked her to keep a lower proflie etc. they wouldn't let her making herself this incredibly suspicious. Defenatily town
- Jdenicholls - very active, scum hunter, to active for scum

possible town
- Soldier of Link - active scumhunter. If he were Mafia, he would've had the privilage to do this during the night.
- FirevsIce - quite active, tries to come along with the game. Dares to take risks, but a bit to early to use that for a town read since not much happened yet.
- Rishian - made a good accusation on raindrop. The first real accusation in this game that is believable. But hasn't said much, so my read on him could easily change

No idea
- Zelda_8 - is posting extremely passive, quite scummy, but since she always does that, it is just a personality thing. Not very scummy, has to post more.
- Jedizora - accusing jd because he thinks scumhunting is scum. Scumhunting is town ;) you're probably targeting him because he is active.
- Ninten* - it's hard to read you, I'll finish my read on you when the game is a bit further in progress. But you do accuse Thetruth, while she is obviously a townie, maybe because she is an easy target?
- Magatha - has to post more before I can finish my read on her.

possible scum
- Meego - Posted quite a lot, but hasn't said much things that really mattered. Possibly she does this to be on the "active persons"-list while still being hard to read. Doesn't necissarily needs to be scum, but is certainly suspisious.
- Raindrop - was very passive about RVS, probably so he would've looked like the "wise" guy so there wasn't much for an RVS to stand on. Also obviously lurking, I'm quite content with my vote for him atm.
- Green Goron - passive and lurking, even more than Zelda_8 does, I haven't played much with him yet, so I can't say this is a personality thing. Very scummy. Become more active.
- Hero of Time - lurking, only made one (or 2) post(s), while he has all the time to react (he's quite an active forum member).
- Kybyrian - lurking

Scum
to few evidence..

okay lynches
- Raindrop

I have a lot to say about this post. Let's start with the first point about TheTruth. It highlights that he is too active to be mafia. This makes no sense, in previous games, even the most active of people have turned out to be mafia or SKs. For example in Mafia 4, Keyshe was one of the most active, well posting players and she turned out to be the SK. Inactivity/activity is no reason to be suspecting someone, especially since this is a beginner's game.

Then you say about jdenicholls. Being active and so called "scum hunting" doesn't make them a townie, he could be scum, still. He hasn't really done much overly suspicious but this doesn't over rule the possibility that he could be scum. The whole "scum hunting" thing could be an act with everyone.

Saying I haven't said much that matters is kind of silly becuase I have posted things that have been there for a reason and not just sat there, like now. You say I am posting to stay on the active list and not be called scum. Maybe I am just playing the game?

Don't target Raindrop for the whole RVS thing. Most people don't even know what that is, hwo can you expect complete newbies to immediately understand it? Just because he/she questioned that doesn't automatically make them scum. Then, I still wouldn't say people are probably scum because they are "inactive." Beginner's game! Some people might not be paying too much attention or taking this game too seriously. Doesn't mean they are scum.

Think about Raindrop. I'm not saying he/she is definitely not scum or definitely is scum, but think your reasons through more carefully.

IGMEOY: Kokirion

Kybyrian

I wholeheartedly agree with Meego. Just because a player is active and looks like a good scum hunter does not mean they are townie. Master Kokiri 9 in Mafia Round 2 was Mafia and he was extremely active... and he even lynched a Mafia member!

T

TheTruth

*Cough* The Truth is male. Probably appropriate to refer to him as a he *Cough*

thank you,( HATE charecter limit.)

You know what, kokirion was just random voting, so

UNVOTE: kokirion

but

IGMEOY: kokirion

Zelda8 seems too intent on hunting down TheTruth. Why, because he was asking questions about the game. Come on, he's not only brand new to mafia, but to the whole site. You can't expect him to know everything.

And kokirion is saying it is okay to lynch Raindrop. Why, because of an RVS that he made. How this makes him ok to lynch I'll have no clue.

Somewhere between an IGMEOY and a FoS: zelda8 and kokirion

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Just so you know, lurking never gives away somebody. It can be a townie behavior just as much as a mafia behavior. Don't slip up and lynch somebody because of lurking. Gotta have more than that. If they really lurk, they'll be mod killed. If they're dodging around... different story. I'm gonna go ahead and at least try to read the past few pages and then add in my suspicions.

look, in the first GW at this website, 6 of 8 mafia members where all lurking and just posting enough to stay in the game. Why? Because most people are only voting for active persons. The problem with Mafia games at ZD is that lurkers are always safe, and people think that scumhunting is scummy because one time a scumhunter appeared to be scum himself. That doesn't make any sense. When you are scum, off course you want to stay alive. So you aren't going to take many risks. VT's don't have an important role, for them it's just "another game", VT's mostly dare to take risks and are more active. But yes, this is only relatively. Scum is relatively less active than VT's, that's a fact, but it's true that that doesn't count for everyone.
Real lurkers are most often scum (or sometimes special townies who want to stay alive), but there is a difference between people who don't play the game anymore, and people who are just posting enough to not getting modkilled. It's true that those people aren't necessarily scum, but dodgers and people who post very few mostly are.
I don't really mind to lynch all lurkers, off course they aren't all scum, but if they are really town, than prove it by getting more active so we can read you. If we can't read a person, than we never know if that person is scum or not. If they are obviously trying to evade posting so they are hard to read, than I assume they are scum (till they have proved they are not).
I placed all lurkers in "possibly scum", but if they get more active so I'm able to read them, they don't have to be in my "possible scum list" anymore.[/QUOTE]

How is raindrop an okay lynch? Is it okay to lynch somebody who has shown little evidence to prove that they are scum? Is it perfectly okay to lynch somebody because you don't know who it is and you figure it's best to "go with the flow" because we have a 22% chance of lynching mafia if we randomly decide?

Let me tell you that you're not going to help anything by voting off Raindrop with no evidence. Right now you have a better chance of being scum than our friend Raindrop over here, and that's because he's an okay lynch to you. Seems you don't care what he flips up as... just go ahead and vote him off, we got a 1/5 chance of him being Mafia, right? Poor logic, my friend. But, of course, scum such as yourself wouldn't care if he turned up to be a townie, would you?

FoS: kokirion

Why raindrop is an okay lynch in my opinion. Like I said before, the only thing he said is about things like "RVS isn't the best thing, it is scummy and doesn't help anyone." (he didn't say this litterly, but he is posting things like this, only less obvious). He hasn't done anything in the game, the only thing he did is trying to be the "wise guy" so any accusation on him would be crap. He's way to passive, and everything he said is meant to help him staying passive and neutral. And that was not the reaction I expected from a townie. And that is why he is an okay lynch IMO. But remember that he's just in my "possible scum" list, so when we are further in the game, and when more things happened, I might change my opinion on him completely.
(this part of my post also was a reaction to HoT's last post)

And Kyby, why are you acting this passive? You have only defended yourself, told a story about lurkers and FOS'd me because I was voting raindrop. You have only reacted to one post, mainly to defend yourself and to switch the attention to me. I haven't seen you giving your opinion about other persons in the game, so I want to know, what are your scum and town reads?

This game is warming up nicely.

Ky's point is well made, there is no guarantee I'm not scum just because I'm very active. But I think kokirion is right to say that most scum will stay more in the shadows. You can never fully decide whether someone is scum or not, you can only make educated guessed and have some general guidelines in your head as to what constitutes scummy behaviour.

The people in the limelight at this point are kokirion, theTruth, Raindrop and to a lesser extent, Ky and perhaps Meego. kokirion, whether you are a townie or a mafia I think you have been making accusations without regard as to how others go about working out who is scummy, which has made others suspicious of you. I think Raindrop is a bit suspicious, and since we're now only a few days from having to lynch I think he is a better target then most. If TheTruth is mafia then he is inexperienced enough to make a huge slip-up in the not too distant future. But since he is probably townie I think we should just keep an eye on him for the time being.

Meego and Ky are both smart players, and as such will be harder to read then others. I've yet to read something by them that makes me very suspicious, but my guard is up against both of them as they are among the best players in this game. I'll also point out that Rishian seems to be rocking the boat a bit. Perhaps he's just excitable but I am a little bit suspicious of him. I'm not ready to vote for anyone just yet, but I probably will be soon.

IGMEO: All of the above

Kybyrian

And Kyby, why are you acting this passive? You have only defended yourself, told a story about lurkers and FOS'd me because I was voting raindrop. You have only reacted to one post, mainly to defend yourself and to switch the attention to me. I haven't seen you giving your opinion about other persons in the game, so I want to know, what are your scum and town reads?

Have none. I haven't read but 2 pages of this thread and didn't get crap from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom