• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
He knew Raindrop was going to be lyched so he voted for TheTruth(another townie) to say the next day that he didn't vote off the townie.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

In Day 3 he voted for TheTruth on his first post when we stil had a full day ahead of us so that others wold immediately vote off another townie.

TheTruth was raising suspisious activity and didn't defend himself, which is what led him to be lynched.

Now after HoT has two votes for him he is again the third to vote. If he found it suspicious why did he have to wait for two other people to vote first? Probably so he doesn't draw attention. To me Ninten* seems the most scummy then Rish and then HoT.

VOTE:Ninten*

When Day 4 began, I was looking for new leads, and the ones that had the most evidence for scum is HoT.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
He knew Raindrop was going to be lyched so he voted for TheTruth(another townie) to say the next day that he didn't vote off the townie.

I meant that if you are scum you would have known that Raindrop was townie so you didn't vote for her because that would make you look more innocent. Hope that this stressed what I was trying to say.

Ninten*'s defence was better than others but I want to hear a real defense from Rishian before I make my final vote.

ugg. I'm debating how much to actually help as a mentor at this point, and how much you guys really need to learn on your own.

I can't quite keep my mouth shut on this one though. Voting is more pro-town then it is not... FoS and IGMEOY's are uselsess... especially when a person dominates with them and refuses to vote. "Not voting" is the greatest sign of scumtell there is, as it shows no motivation to lynch scum.

You have one chance to hit scum. You guys make a mistake at this point and its game over. Town Loses, Scum Win.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Ok, tomorrow the day's ending, so we better hurry up fast!

We all said that 3 people are really suspicious. HoT, Rishian, and jedizora. I think there is someone else worth noting. In Day 1 Ninten* was the third one to vote for kokirion. Usually mafia are the third or fourth to jump on the bandwagon. In Day2 he was the second to vote for TheTruth after someone else brought it up. He knew Raindrop was going to be lyched so he voted for TheTruth(another townie) to say the next day that he didn't vote off the townie. In Day 3 he voted for TheTruth on his first post when we stil had a full day ahead of us so that others wold immediately vote off another townie. Also in Day 3 jden was suspicious of jedizora and Ninten*. Night 3 the mafia killed off jden because he was suspicious of one of them(two if jedizora is one too). Now after HoT has two votes for him he is again the third to vote. If he found it suspicious why did he have to wait for two other people to vote first? Probably so he doesn't draw attention. To me Ninten* seems the most scummy then Rish and then HoT.

Hmm... that is a good argument, but not enough for a vote in my opinion.

FoS: Ninten*

Just on thing wrong. I'm pretty sure I was the first and only one who voted HoT until Ninten voted him, so he was the 2nd person I guess... FvI only FoSed him.

FirevsIce, IGMEOYs and FoSs are for scum who don't want to look too accusing. I've voted for you, seen your reaction and my vote stands. Why am I accusing my accuser? Because I'm a townie, I know I'm a townie, and you know I'm a townie because you're scum.

Nice. Now I understand all your actions -.- If you really are townie, then defend yourself. That, my friend, ain't a defense. Any townie will not be as careless as you to not defend themselves when they know that this is the last day, and if we lynch a townie, we are doomed. No townie will want that, now would they? That just makes me more suspicious of you, HoT. Only a Mafia member will act careless when there are accusations against them, just like what I said to Rishian. You seem to be doing the same thing... My vote stands. You seem more and more like scum in my eyes, HoT. I'm content with my vote.

GG is saying that if you are Mafia, you know that Raindrop is a townie. That is why you did not vote for her, so that when she flips town, there is no suspicion on you for voting a townie.

In Day 3 he voted for TheTruth on his first post when we stil had a full day ahead of us so that others wold immediately vote off another townie.

TheTruth was raising suspisious activity and didn't defend himself, which is what led him to be lynched.

Well, this, I've got to agree with you. You voted TheTruth Day 2, and since TheTruth wasn't lynched, and confirmed townie at that time, you were still suspicious of TheTruth and voted Day 3, right? That's at least what I got from it...

Now after HoT has two votes for him he is again the third to vote. If he found it suspicious why did he have to wait for two other people to vote first? Probably so he doesn't draw attention. To me Ninten* seems the most scummy then Rish and then HoT.

When Day 4 began, I was looking for new leads, and the ones that had the most evidence for scum is HoT.

Yes actually. The posts with the votes has most of the accusations against HoT.

Looking at Ninten's defense, I'll lower my suspicion to an IGMEOY.

I meant that if you are scum you would have known that Raindrop was townie so you didn't vote for her because that would make you look more innocent. Hope that this stressed what I was trying to say.

Ninten*'s defence was better than others but I want to hear a real defense from Rishian before I make my final vote.

Seems like both HoT and Rishian won't defend themselves. Whatever it is, my vote still stands on HoT. I'm certain that he's scum.

Ok, guys, we need to take the whole town's opinion on this lynch, so please vote for whoever you find most suspicious, and back it up please.

--Unofficial Vote Tally--

FirevsIce: 1 (Hero of Time)

Hero of Time: 3 (zelda_8, Ninten*, jedizora)

Ninten*: 1 (Green Goron)

Did not vote: Rishian, Magatha, FirevsIce

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Though Hero of Time is playing like he's scum right now, I still am more suspicious of Rishian. I feel like I just have more evidence against. Since the day is almost up I place my vote on him. Vote: Rishian. If you haven't been reading all the posts, here are my reasons:
Day 4 has just started and the suspicions are high. Right now I'm suspicious of Rishian. Here's why:

Just jumping on the bandwagon. Just going along with whoever had to most votes. Plus, you apologized for voting. If you were going to be so sad about it, then why do it in the first place? I know about the Guild Wars thing, but why the vote?

Here he starts of the game with an IGMEOY with absolutely no evidence. Someone notices this and asks why. Your response is:

That's not evidence. It's more like a personal philosophy if you ask me.

Here you say that you were suspicious on RD just to get others talking and that you're waiting for the rest of us to vote, meaning you're letting others risk their butts so you won't have to.

It sounds like you are encouraging activity, but the the way it's written makes me think you're saying, "Hey everyone, make more votes so I can agree with you and don't have to risk myself." If you want people to vote why don't you actually do something useful.

It was more than just that if you read the posts of the people that voted.

You say you're looking for people, but so far the only reasons you have accused anyone is through a philosophy and jumping on the bandwagon.

Again, you try to encourage discussion by jumping on the bandwagon. I see you're still trying to avoid making "big plays."

You've been doing the same thing throughout the game.

You are either:
1. Lazy Townie
2. Pro-Town [X]
3. An Inexperienced Player (Could be on either side)
4. A Dodgy Mafia

IGMEOY: Rishian

This was his defense. This is probably the worst one I've ever seen. Even though you have all these things against you, you say it's okay because of activity. That doesn't make sense. Then you admit to the bandwagoning and relying on others. Are you trying to say you are, as kokirion would say, an "Ok Lynch," that it wouldn't make a difference if you die? If this was Closed-Format Mafia, I would think you're the Hero, killing the last person that voted against you, whereas you survive, but it isn't making this unclear on whether we should raise or lower suspicions on you. Since the defense is so poor and unclear, perhaps to just confuse the ones that have accused you, I will say FOS: Rishian. We still have some time, so I won't place a vote until I'm less unsure of you.
To read the posts withe quotes, just click on the blue button by the "Originally Posted by" thing.

Magatha

Magatha
Ok. So there is still some suspicion on Jedizora, but nobody voted for him yet. I do not think he is scum, because he seems a lot like Raindrop and TheTruth, who were beginner townies, and we cannot afford to loose a townie today.
3 votes for HoT, he seems much more suspicious, but most of my reasons have already been pointed out. He voted for a No-Lynch when the day was almost over and it wouldn't change the count enough. This wouln't help anyone, and it didn't even make a difference. If he really believed that we needed a no-lynch, then it would have been better or him to try to tie the vote by voting for TheTruth to create a tie. Right? So this No-Lynch vote didn't help except so that he wouldn't have to vote for a townie.
One vote for FireVsIce by HoT, accusing his accusor. This also seems suspicious to me.

One vote for Ninten* by Green Goron. This was recent, and Ninten* hasn't defended himself yet.
I want to see his defence before I decide which one to vote for.
But for now, FOS: HoT, Ninten*

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
^
????? I did defend myself. Look at the top of the page. Make sure that you read through all of the posts. When the Mafia night killed the Doctor and the Cop, I'm pretty sure that they didn't know who had the doctor or cop role, so I think they killed the ones who they saw as the biggest threat out of the Townies. Based on this info, we could probably figure out a pattern here.

Magatha

Magatha
Oh, sorry. Right at the top of the page. I don't know how I missed it.
I guess that that sounds reasonable.
FvI Voted for Rishan, and I missed it because it was in the middle of the post. I agree that some of that seems suspicious, but the day is almost over, there are already votes for HoT whom I also find suspicious, and we must lynch a Mafia today, so the day cannot end in a tie.
And with three mafia left, there is always the possibility that they are both mafia.

EBWODP
I forgot to place my vote. Vote: HoT

Because its 1 vote away from a majority lynch I am posting an unofficial tally...

FirevsIce - 1 (Hero of Time)
Hero of Time - 4 (Zelda_8, Ninten*, jedizora, Magatha)
Ninten* - 1(greengoron)
Rishian - 1 (FirevsIce)

Yet to vote: Rishian

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I've put some more thought into my vote and decided that Hero of Time is more scummy. The fact that he suddenly believed I was mafia and immediately went for for the vote seems like it wasn't well thought out. Perhaps when there was more suspicion against him, as a mafia member, he didn't want to risk getting lynched. As a result, he tried to get someone else lynched, which obviously didn't work.

FirevsIce, IGMEOYs and FoSs are for scum who don't want to look too accusing. I've voted for you, seen your reaction and my vote stands. Why am I accusing my accuser? Because I'm a townie, I know I'm a townie, and you know I'm a townie because you're scum.
His defense, was only trying to get more suspicion on me, when he already had others against him, with votes, still pushing for a lynch against me. Perhaps he thinks I'm a threat, trying to make others think I'm scum. Usually, Hero of Time isn't this aggressive and changing the way you play the game halfway through, or changing it at all, isn't good. He has accused his accuser, for horrible reasons. This makes me much more positive that HoT is mafia, than Rishian.

Unvote: Rishian
Vote: Hero of Time

You cannot unvote, once a majority vote has been reached....

FirevsIce - 1 (Hero of Time)
Hero of Time - 5 (Zelda_8, Ninten*, jedizora, Magatha, FirevsIce)
Ninten* - 1(greengoron)

Yet to vote: Rishian

So its twilight... you may talk amongst yourselves, and wait for Axle to post the lynch scene.

The townsfolk had become aware that their numbers were dwindling dangerously thin. They knew that their mysterious enemy hadn't lost any members, and as their numbers dwindled they realized that soon the enemy would no longer be restricted to acting in the shadows; they would confront them during the day. They were running out of time, so they quickly discussed and reached a consensus. They would lynch Hero of Time, someone whom they had been suspicious of the entire investigation. His name had come up repeatedly, despite what he had said in defense of himself, so now that time was running out, they chose him as the most likely. Surely if they hadn't been able to shake their doubts of him, he must be one of the enemies.

The crowd gathered around him. He had accused one of the others, FirevsIce, as being a clear and obvious killer, and even now he was focused on him. He told the crowd that they should lynch him instead, that he was obviously the one they had to kill to save themselves. But they didn't listen, and they gathered around him, prepared to restrain him for the killing shot, which would be fired by FirevsIce himself. As the crowd tried to grab his arms, he screamed "No!" and charged his suspect, barreling into him, sending him to the ground and knocking the wind out of him. He scrambled on the ground, trying to grab the gun. FirevsIce was still gasping for air. The townsfolk realized that Hero of Time was going to try to kill him, so they jumped on him, pinning him to the ground, as he cried out "You're all making a mistake! It's him!" With him restrained, and the mob angry at his retaliation, they gathered and beat him to death, him yelling at them and calling them fools the entire time.

When he was dead, the townsfolk began to leave the square, shaken by the fight and what they had just done, but optimistic that he had to be the right choice. He had to be. They couldn't find the gun afterwards, though, and just as soon as they had cleared out of the square, they heard a gunshot. They returned to find another person shot dead, his body lying on top of Hero of Time's. They read the note left on top of the two bodies, which read:

"It ends in the morning."

Hero of Time was a Townie.

The gun that went missing was left there as well, with no bullets inside. Everyone was too absorbed with the shocking message to notice FirevsIce stepping out of one of his hiding place inside one of the nearby buildings, pretending to be the last person to arrive at the murder scene.

Everyone retreated into their houses in fear, unable to sleep, alert and expecting to be attacked. Their numbers and the enemy's numbers were now even. When the morning came, they reluctantly exited their houses. The townsfolk who were left were all on the same block, so they all gathered together. After not too long, three people came walking down the street towards them. They knew it was them. The enemy. Before the three remaining townsfolk could do anything, even run, they were gunned down. And over their bodies stood the victorious...

Magatha was Mafia.
zelda_8 was Mafia.
FirevsIce was the Godfather.

The Mafia have won!

BUT, please check the thread shortly for post-game advice from me and the other mentors. Remember, this was a learning game, so you'll still be able to learn a lot from advice the mentors couldn't give you without cheatin while the game was going. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Night Events
This is what happened during the game, including all the targets of each of the special roles:

Rishian replaced Soldier of Link.
Day 1: kokirion (Townie) was lynched.
Night 1: Mafia targeted Kybyrian, who was protected by the Doctor (Meego7), and the Cop (jdenicholls) investigated Meego7 and found out she was the Doctor.

Day 2: Raindrop14 (Townie) was lynched.
Night 2: The Mafia kill the Doctor (Meego7), who protected Ninten*. The Cop (jdenicholls) investigated Kybyrian and found out he was a Townie.

Day 3: TheTruth (Townie) was lynched.
Night 3: The Cop (jdenicholls) investigated jedizora and found out he was a Townie, but then the Mafia killed the Cop.

Kybyrian was Modkilled.

Day 4: Hero of Time (Townie) was lynched.
Night 4: Mafia Victory.

I want to take you back to day 1 and 2. Mafia Played a good game, but they weren't perfect. I'm not sure how nobody picked up on Zelda_8's scummy playing... take a look at this.

Her first post of the game...
Finally some people find RVS a little suspiciousness like I do :P

Ok, so the game began. The beginning part is always a bit awkward... if I'm not mistaken... Hopefully things will get in place soon, and we can start discussing.

Her third post of the game...

Actually, I don't agree on Kokirion's lynching, but maybe that's just because I know him nicely. The way he acted is completely normal from the way he always acts. He just stuck to his regular beliefs on the Mafia's behavior. If I didn't know all this, I've got to admit, I would also have been suspicious of Kokirion. And Ky, the question you brought up is also something to think about...

These two posts extremely contradict themselves. At first she says random voting is suspicious, planting the seed of suspicion on kokiron on day 1. Then after he is lynched, she said "oh that wasn't suspicious at all" Nobody caught on to this contradiction, but these are the types of mini slip ups you need to keep a watchful eye out for.

Now let me take you to her 2nd post of the game...
Ok, many pages :P Cool...

So I have found some other suspicious things, but I would rather accuse others with a strong ground, and not just a bit of loose sand.

Anyways, I have to say, I'm with jd (jdenicholls) on this. In my opinion The Truth is no good for the town. I think I remember that Axel said once that confusing townies are no use and should be voted out. It only makes the situation worse. Sorry if you didn't say that Axel, but I remember someone did, and I sort of agree on that. Also, I want to point out something, Kokirion:

First of all, what's meta's? o_O

And next, you say that The Truth is inexperienced. Now, if we look at it this way, if you were an inexperienced townie, and you get the role of a Mafia, first thing you will do, is get really excited. I'm sure we can all agree on that. Experienced Mafia will stay calm, but if it's your first game (I don't know for sure if this is The Truth's first game, but it sure looks like it) and you end up Mafia, you'll post a lot. You'll get excited. You'll make bad mistakes. And if we look here, then The Truth is the second highest poster so far with 6 posts. He's obviously excited.

FoS: The Truth
Will probably turn into a vote soon.

Now if The Truth is not a Townie, sure, he can also be excited since it's his first game, but tell me; what is he contributing to the town? He's only creating confusion. Flip flopping votes will only create confusion. It's a win win for the town if we vote him out. If he's Mafia, he's gone. If he's townie, he's not creating any more confusion. Well, I'll probably vote for him in my next post, but I want to hear what The Truth has to say first. For now, it's a strong FoS.

This post was made on day 1... Anybody with that much "analysis" on day one is up to no good. If you are playing a day start game. that means no investigations could have occurred prior to the day starting, which means the ONLY people who have information about who's guilty and who's innocent is the mafia.

Lastly... In this game scum rarely voted. Voting patterns are important to watch for... "middle of the wagon" and "not voting" are the two most common places for scum. If someone isn't voting then they are not acting in a pro-town manner. So watch people's voting habits.

FirevsIce, can't believe you hammered so tentatively. I would have just gone "I'm scum. And we've won. Vote: Hero of Time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom