• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hmmm. I think it is hard to tell with Raindrop. It could easily be all newb mistakes. Inactivity isn't something you should use as solid evidence. I'm not sure where to go, lots of people have stated their opinions on Raindrop; I suppose you could say I agree with them on some level.

IGMEOY: Raindrop14

Raindrop's posts have been little slices of nothing. Her only really purposeful post was to vote for kokirion, and her reasoning wasn't particular good, as green goron pointed out. Perhaps she is tentative because of inexperience, or perhaps she is scum worried about revealing herself. I don't want to vote Rishian out if he isn't here to defend himself. Ninten* is still looking dodgy to me (reasoning on page 11), as is Zelda_8, to a certain extent. I'm strongly considering voting for Raindrop, but in the meantime it would be helpful for others to post a bit more, it's hard to get any read on most players if they do not post.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Seems to imply you voted for kokirion purely for his RVS, which he then backed up somewhat by Raindrop's response to it. It was a suspicious move, but so suspicious it warranted a vote? Probably not. I feel you kind of jumped on the bandwagon on this, and your general play encourages me you are not really thinking for yourself, or at least not wanting to stand out with your own opinions.

I didn't vote for kokiron because of his RVS. I voted for him because he said that lynching Raindrop would be OK. I was thinking about unvoting for kokiron earlier, but wasn't entirely sure if I should have.
IMEOY: Kokirion

Because he doesn't have any evidence that I'm scum exept for not posting a lot (which a lot of people do as a beginner because they don't really have anything to say), and RVS in a beginner mafia is not the best way to go, as I said earlier.

So are you thinking kokiron is suspicious only because he RsV'ed you? I'm not that worried about you, but still.....
IGMEOY: Raindrop

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
She isn't leading the town anywhere useful.

As Meego said........

On the first day this usually happens. It is hard to gain suspicions on someone and a lynch is the way forward. Koki was a townie, but he was acting suspicious so we took a chance. There aren't many mafia in here and in this beginner's game it is hard to tell what is beginner's mistakes and what it mafia suspicions. So, we need to make good observations like stated before. And people need to post. Then and only then we can move forward.

So you can't assume that because I wasn't leading the town, I was merely defending myself. If you were being accused wouldnt you defend yourself?

The only evidence she gives is that she THINKS he is scum and tells us to look at page 7 for her reasoning. Not a good explanation in my opinion.

Isn't that what you do with all your votes, you THINK they're scum because you don't actually know that they're scum, you can only guess they're scum?

Your defence pretty much ignored the main points of both mine and green goron's posts. My point is that most of your posts are pretty slim in the way of useful content, and Green Goron's point was that your reasons for voting were poor. You are looking suspicious at the moment. Perhaps these mistakes can be put down to inexperience, but still...

FoS: Raindrop

The only evidence she gives is that she THINKS he is scum and tells us to look at page 7 for her reasoning. Not a good explanation in my opinion
What that means is that her explanation and reasoning is in this post on Page 7. When someone refers to a post, you should go read it so you know what they're actually talking about. Reference as opposed to stating it outright is valid. ;)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Raindrop's posts have been little slices of nothing. Her only really purposeful post was to vote for kokirion, and her reasoning wasn't particular good, as green goron pointed out. Perhaps she is tentative because of inexperience, or perhaps she is scum worried about revealing herself.

That's the way it is with most of the beginners. When you're a beginner you can't be expected to say a whole lot because you're new to this game and you think that everything you say might sound scummy so you don't post a lot.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Ok, sorry if this post seems long, but there's a lot of suspicion too.

Ok, we only have 3 days left, and right now I have time. I might not be free some other day, so I'll post my opinion on what's happening. I see that right now, Raindrop is the most suspicious, so I went ahead and looked at her posts, and from what I've read, I believe you guys. Here are her 7 posts, and my thoughts on them:

Ok first post.:) Well one vote against me but hopefully we can work out a way to think clearly before randomly assuming.:D Nothing bad against RVS but that is not the best way to win the game.:)

To go to the post, click on the arrow thing beside'Originally Posted by Raindrop14'.
So in this post, she's obviously trying to change Kokirion's vote against her without saying it. I could tell by this statement 'hopefully we can work out a way to think clearly before randomly assuming.' and also 'Nothing bad against RVS but that is not the best way to win the game.'

I'm a firm believer in the idea that most of the time it's the quiet ones you've really got to watch for.
Sorry I haven't been posting, I haven't found anything to say recently (I'm not good with words). Hope that will put down peoples suspicions.:)

Ok, over here, Raindrop is defending herself, and trying to put down suspicion against her.

IMEOY: Kokirion

Because he doesn't have any evidence that I'm scum exept for not posting a lot (which a lot of people do as a beginner because they don't really have anything to say), and RVS in a beginner mafia is not the best way to go, as I said earlier.

Now she accuses someone, and that too, her accuser. Also, Koki's post which she is referring to has quite a lot of accusations, and some statements which don't make sense, but she only talks about Koki's accusation on her, not the other suspicions.

Why raindrop is an okay lynch in my opinion. Like I said before, the only thing he said is about things like "RVS isn't the best thing, it is scummy and doesn't help anyone." (he didn't say this litterly, but he is posting things like this, only less obvious). He hasn't done anything in the game, the only thing he did is trying to be the "wise guy" so any accusation on him would be crap. He's way to passive, and everything he said is meant to help him staying passive and neutral. And that was not the reaction I expected from a townie. And that is why he is an okay lynch IMO. But remember that he's just in my "possible scum" list, so when we are further in the game, and when more things happened, I might change my opinion on him completely.
(this part of my post also was a reaction to HoT's last post)

You can't expect beginners to do a lot in a beginner game, and I'm not the only one being neutral here. And I think you're the mafia here, otherwise you wouldn't be trying so hard to lynch me.

P.S. I'm a she.:)

Ok, again defending herself. Now she didn't respond to some points that Kokirion made:

* About her being 'wise'. She could have said that she was only stating her opinion.

* About her being neutral. Yes, I know that she did comment it, but all she said is that others are neutral too. She didn't say why she was neutral, and had no opinion in an argument except when it's related to her.

* Why she doesn't contribute to the game. All she said on this is 'You can't expect beginners to do a lot in a beginner game' but fact is, there's a lot of things she could comment on. She's only commenting on things which relate to her. Everything else, she doesn't care about. This only tells the town that she's not scum, but it doesn't tell them who she thinks is scum except for Kokirion.

VOTE:Kokirion

As I said earlier, I think he's scum *see page seven for more details*.

Sorry, but your post in page 7 has no details.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've been a little busy. Yay! The doctor saved someone!:) But, boo hoo for a townie gone.:( Oh well. Hopefully we make the right decision today about who gets lynched.

This is her only post which has something said in it which does not relate to her. Also, it does not help the town anyhow.

She isn't leading the town anywhere useful.

As Meego said........

On the first day this usually happens. It is hard to gain suspicions on someone and a lynch is the way forward. Koki was a townie, but he was acting suspicious so we took a chance. There aren't many mafia in here and in this beginner's game it is hard to tell what is beginner's mistakes and what it mafia suspicions. So, we need to make good observations like stated before. And people need to post. Then and only then we can move forward.

So you can't assume that because I wasn't leading the town, I was merely defending myself. If you were being accused wouldnt you defend yourself?

The only evidence she gives is that she THINKS he is scum and tells us to look at page 7 for her reasoning. Not a good explanation in my opinion.

Isn't that what you do with all your votes, you THINK they're scum because you don't actually know that they're scum, you can only guess they're scum?

Raindrop only responds to small portions of people's posts. This is jd's full post:

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've been a little busy. Yay! The doctor saved someone!:) But, boo hoo for a townie gone.:( Oh well. Hopefully we make the right decision today about who gets lynched.

This has been very similar to sentiments in Raindrop's other posts. Either she is being very passive or she has no wish to actually hunt scum herself. She isn't leading the town anywhere useful.

Raindrop shows jd Meego's post which states that this (I'm assuming a townie's lynch) usually happens in the first day. She moves on to explaining why they voted Kokirion, and then ends her statement by saying that people need to post more so that analyzing them can be easier. Now I don't know how this relates to jd's accusation against Raindrop.

And if we look at GG's post here (too big to quote :P) then, he put many more accusations on her. Raindrop only replied to a small little portion stating that everyone thinks that someone is scum, but no one knows for sure. Reading GG's post, it's main message is that she hasn't contributed too much, and as jd said, her reason for voting is not strong enough, and again, as jd said, she missed the whole point of the post.

It seems like she's trying hard to defend herself, but at the same time missing the whole point of the post. She may be an inexperienced Mafia, but I won't vote her just yet... Keeping this in mind.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
So in this post, she's obviously trying to change Kokirion's vote against her without saying it. I could tell by this statement 'hopefully we can work out a way to think clearly before randomly assuming.' and also 'Nothing bad against RVS but that is not the best way to win the game.'

Ok, over here, Raindrop is defending herself, and trying to put down suspicion against her.

Now she accuses someone, and that too, her accuser. Also, Koki's post which she is referring to has quite a lot of accusations, and some statements which don't make sense, but she only talks about Koki's accusation on her, not the other suspicions.

Ok, again defending herself. Now she didn't respond to some points that Kokirion made:

* About her being 'wise'. She could have said that she was only stating her opinion.

* About her being neutral. Yes, I know that she did comment it, but all she said is that others are neutral too. She didn't say why she was neutral, and had no opinion in an argument except when it's related to her.

* Why she doesn't contribute to the game. All she said on this is 'You can't expect beginners to do a lot in a beginner game' but fact is, there's a lot of things she could comment on. She's only commenting on things which relate to her. Everything else, she doesn't care about. This only tells the town that she's not scum, but it doesn't tell them who she thinks is scum except for Kokirion.

Sorry, but your post in page 7 has no details.

This is her only post which has something said in it which does not relate to her. Also, it does not help the town anyhow.

Raindrop only responds to small portions of people's posts. This is jd's full post:

Raindrop shows jd Meego's post which states that this (I'm assuming a townie's lynch) usually happens in the first day. She moves on to explaining why they voted Kokirion, and then ends her statement by saying that people need to post more so that analyzing them can be easier. Now I don't know how this relates to jd's accusation against Raindrop.

And if we look at GG's post here (too big to quote :P) then, he put many more accusations on her. Raindrop only replied to a small little portion stating that everyone thinks that someone is scum, but no one knows for sure. Reading GG's post, it's main message is that she hasn't contributed too much, and as jd said, her reason for voting is not strong enough, and again, as jd said, she missed the whole point of the post.

I think most of you would try to change a vote that was put against you because I don't think any of us want to get lynched. That's the point of the game, survive.

I think everyone would defend themselves if they were accused of being scum.

I accused my accuser because he was acting suspicious to me.

A lot of the people here are acting 'wise' too, not just me.

I didn't say why I was neutral because I wasn't trying to be neutral.

Just because I don't comment on anything doesn't mean I'm scum. Other people aren't commenting on a lot of stuff too but you don't attack them for it.

My post on page seven had details, but I don't think it made any sense.

On day two almost everyone posted something that had nothing to do with them, and did not lead the town anywhere.

I did not end it with saying 'if you post more, analyzing can be easier', I ended it saying 'if you were being accused wouldn't you defend yourself'.

Not everyone is contributing a lot here.

If you all want to know my suspicions, here they are:

IGMEOY: zelda_8

Ok, you do raise one good point, which is that there are quite a number of inactives in this game. That is a pity, but you have also done a fair bit to make yourself suspicious. Most of those details can be found in my last couple of posts and Zelda_8's last post, and I'd stand by that evidence. You have been acting dodgy since the start of the game, and my resolve has only strengthened as time has gone on. The clincher for me was you accusing Zelda_8 while providing no evidence whatsoever. We have 3 days left and need to start voting.

Vote: Raindrop

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Here is my reasoning for my IGMEOY: zelda_8

She mentioned that I'm the only one inactive when, as I said earlier, I was not the only one. So therefore she did not go through all the posts thouroughly, she only went through mine which doesn't make sense because there are a lot more people in this game to be suspicious of, other than me. Now I didn't VOTE for zelda_8 I just IGMEOY'd her.

If there are so many people to be suspicious of perhaps you'd defend yourself better by writing a good post analysing them.

Vote: Raindrop

It goes against my views on day one, but with kokirion as a townie it changes. The evidence is there as shown by others. Even if she is just a noob townie, she is of no use to us. And if she is mafia, great! All she is doing is poorly defending herself in order to stay alive.

Friendly old Jo here again..

With some thoughts for the town to think about as you place your votes.

A) Are we following a bandwagon, or are we coming to our own conclusions. If we are bandwagoning, who's leading it... is this suspicious?

- if you came to your own conclusions then great... stop reading... if we are bandwagoning continue reading.

:cool: Is Raindrop the best choice, or is there stronger evidence pointing elsewhere. (once again its the unhelpful but not threatening townie idea vs. real scum threat)... Could Raindrop be the cop, or the town doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom